• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TheSpecialJuan

2 hours ago, Navy_football said:

FB maybe.

I don't know about tailback or halfback. Have you seen him run with the ball? Dude falls down as soon as he can. That's if he doesn't roll over onto his head and fumble. 

But he can block very well and even catch a ball once in a blue moon.

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

But he can block very well and even catch a ball once in a blue moon.

Yep. Fullback. He shouldn’t touch the ball more than a couple of times a game - if that. Honestly I think he'd be better on defense. He just has pedestrian ball skills. Exceptional athlete. Mediocre playmaking ability.

1 hour ago, Navy_football said:

Yep. Fullback. He shouldn’t touch the ball more than a couple of times a game - if that. Honestly I think he'd be better on defense. He just has pedestrian ball skills. Exceptional athlete. Mediocre playmaking ability.

It's probably too late to transition to defense. Those projects take years and aren't worth tying up a roster spot for.

7 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

I knew people used to ride on Fitts dick, didnt know you hadnt got off yet... my apologies....

You obviously have reading comprehension problems, or are a child, but I’ve said numerous times Fitterer was terrible. The very post you quoted said Fitterer sucked.  Be better. 

22 hours ago, X-Clown said:

Either you just don't like Dave Gettleman or you are misremembering things. But to say Curtis Samuel never did anything is ridiculous. He had more yards in 2020 alone than TMJ had in his whole Panthers career. 

Yep. It’s recency bias. Funchess and KB weren’t great picks but here’s what they did in 8 years with Carolina:

4657 yards and 39 TDs

Mingo and TMJ in 5 years with Carolina:

888 yards and 1 TD

Samuel, KB and Funchess weren’t our Steve Smith’s or even DJ Moore’s for us but they were actual NFL WRs not PS cast offs. Fitterer was straight trash. His best value pick was Mrs. Rhule’s pick.

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Yep. It’s recency bias. Funchess and KB weren’t great picks but here’s what they did in 8 years with Carolina:

4657 yards and 39 TDs

Mingo and TMJ in 5 years with Carolina:

888 yards and 1 TD

Samuel, KB and Funchess weren’t our Steve Smith’s or even DJ Moore’s for us but they were actual NFL WRs not PS cast offs. Fitterer was straight trash. His best value pick was Mrs. Rhule’s pick.

Not disputing the differences in production of defending TMJ/Mingo, but this would ignore the QB situation they functioned inside of. And the other assets on O. 

If you put Mingo and TMJ with prime Cam, they would look better than they have with Bryce Young. 

We are really missing a stud TE, for example. Which those guys had with Olsen.

Edited by strato

9 minutes ago, strato said:

Not disputing the differences in production of defending TMJ/Mingo, but this would ignore the QB situation they functioned inside of. And the other assets on O. 

If you put Mingo and TMJ with prime Cam, they would look better than they have with Bryce Young. 

We are really missing a stud TE, for example. Which those guys had with Olsen.

I don’t agree. Mingo’s done nothing with Dalton. His top 5 yardage games have been with Young. He's starting and averaging 20 yards per game with Dalton. TMJ played with Mayfield and Darnold. Heck, he was on Jayden Daniel’s team and couldn’t even make the roster after getting a ton of snaps pre-Young.

And can I ask, again, if anyone is knowledgeable about what roles the scouts actually play in selecting players? As opposed to finding them for the higher ups to evaluate? 

I could be wrong as hell because I don't know, but I'd think they do the prospecting and culling to present the better options to the people who will be doing the real evaluating. 

Someone did something right on Coker fwiw.

Anyone knows the inside scoop of what their responsibilities really are, spill. 

3 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

I don’t agree. Mingo’s done nothing with Dalton. His top 5 yardage games have been with Young. He's starting and averaging 20 yards per game with Dalton. TMJ played with Mayfield and Darnold. Heck, he was on Jayden Daniel’s team and couldn’t even make the roster after getting a ton of snaps pre-Young.

He is also kind of benched or demoted until Thielen went down. If you don't agree that's fine, I wasn't trying to make him out to be all pro just saying that most of Mingo's time has been with the worst QB we have ever fielded. It has to make a difference.

Edited by strato

3 minutes ago, strato said:

And can I ask, again, if anyone is knowledgeable about what roles the scouts actually play in selecting players? As opposed to finding them for the higher ups to evaluate? 

I could be wrong as hell because I don't know, but I'd think they do the prospecting and culling to present the better options to the people who will be doing the real evaluating. 

Someone did something right on Coker fwiw.

Anyone knows the inside scoop of what their responsibilities really are, spill. 

They find as many players as they can that fits what the coaches are looking for. The coaches and GM sort them out and set their board.

16 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

They find as many players as they can that fits what the coaches are looking for. The coaches and GM sort them out and set their board.

That's pretty much what I imagined. I don't have the feeling that they were behind Bryce Young for instance. 

I refer back to the comments about the coaching staff meeting with the scouts to set the traits they are looking for in what they plan to run, and get people on the same page.

Which I don't remember hearing anyone articulate before. Not that it shouldn't be a normal part of the process, maybe no one bothered to point it out to the civillians.