• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

1 hour ago, BIGH2001 said:

And the case for Scott Fitterer being possibly the worst GM in NFL history continues to build. We are still well within the range of aftershocks due to his complete and utter mismanagement of the roster and resources of this franchise.

Oh yeah, I didn't watch the Bears game but that must have been a hot topic all day long. Even if Caleb Williams doesn't pan out as a top QB in the league that game certainly felt like tangible proof that Fitt probably made one of the worst trades in NFL history, not including the CMC and Burns deals, and that not even really counting also using those picks to trade up for fuging DJ Johnson lol. ugh

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Damn homie you was one of the cool dudes on this board. You loss some cool points with this comment.

KB was good for 1 season. He fell off after that and got fat. Funchess I don't ever recall being good. At best he was a decent #3 WR. He fell off as well.

Benjamin had a season ending injury in pre-season when he was supposed to be the clear cut number 1 and the team went to the superbowl without him. That probably messed with his confidence then he lost his mom.  We should recognize that these guys are human too. He had a rough couple years and didn't respond well

6 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I didn't say that they were good at it. Moose was and Khalil were 2 of their best 2nd round picks. Come to think of it they may the only ones you could call the best. That's how far you have to go back to find one. Sad really. 

come on now don't forget about Taylor Moton 

6 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Hopefully we got it right with X. This team is still trying to replace Smitty.

yeah well  we did draft Smittys comp in DJ Moore & then turned around & traded him to the Bears ...just saying

Edited by bandu

29 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Gettleman was worse. Not by much, but worse. 

No way. Not even close. Our record with DG and the players he drafted in his 5 years is so far beyond the scraps that Fitterer got us in 3 years. We still suck because of the trash moves Fitterer made. Gettleman and Hurney were bad compared to most GMs but they weren’t close to the decimation of the moves by Fitterer.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

I think the following topic came up last week...or the prior week. It was in regard to our scouting department. Someone asked if we thought the scouts were giving the FO bad intel, or if the FO was ignoring their input. 

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when our draft board is being compiled year in and year out and when our final rosters are completed. I don't see why Fitterer traded down twice and passed over several caliber lineman to draft a WR we didn't need. Was he simply in love with the player? Did scouts over-hype him? I can see spending a 4th round pick, or late 3rd round pick on TMJ. But, I never understood him being picked that high after signing Robbie to a contract( after he was coming off of a 1,000 yard season) and we still had DJ Moore.

Then he drafted another underachiever in Mingo. I'd love to know what our personnel department saw in either of these guys to make them top 60 picks when we had so many other holes on the roster and more talented players at the WR position still on the board when they were selected.

2 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

I think the following topic came up last week...or the prior week. It was in regard to our scouting department. Someone asked if we thought the scouts were giving the FO bad intel, or if the FO was ignoring their input. 

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when our draft board is being compiled year in and year out and when our final rosters are completed. I don't see why Fitterer traded down twice and passed over several caliber lineman to draft a WR we didn't need. Was he simply in love with the player? Did scouts over-hype him? I can see spending a 4th round pick, or late 3rd round pick on TMJ. But, I never understood him being picked that high after signing Robbie to a contract( after he was coming off of a 1,000 yard season) and we still had DJ Moore.

Then he drafted another underachiever in Mingo. I'd love to know what our personnel department saw in either of these guys to make them top 60 picks when we had so many other holes on the roster and more talented players at the WR position still on the board when they were selected.

I really don’t know why our scouting team is still together. Maybe they were completely ignored but I still wouldn’t take that chance. That’s why I’m still not in favor of Morgan over an experienced GM/assistant GM with new scouts.

In that 2021 draft, we needed OL like crazy. The OL was so bad and we decided Elflein and Erving were the answer and all we needed rookie wise was BC and 2 ton Deonte Brown in the 6th. We passed over Humphrey, among others, for TMJ and passed over Tre Smith for Brown and also a long snapper that never made the roster. Both of those guys were mentioned a dozen times in the draft threads and they are both getting big time extensions from KC, who thank Fitterer for their 2 SBs while thinking he needed a 3rd WR, 2nd TE and a LS instead of fortifying a poo OL.