• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Blitz/Stunt Rates

ProcessBlue2

41 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

We shouldn’t expect a lot from him, but DJ Wonnum will be welcomed when he can finally play. We signed him knowing he was in recovery, so he needs to heal up and get in there. 2 years 12.5 mil — he’s almost missed a quarter of that contract duration already

He’s nothing special by any means but a huge improvement over what we’re seeing. 

Washed up Charles Harris, Tarron Jackson, Thomas Incoom… like WTH are these dudes haha.

The Carolina Panthers announced four roster moves on Tuesday, including signing OLB Jacoby Windmon off the Steelers practice squad.

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I know you have your thesis paper all typed up, but it's not gonna work man.  You'd have a case if they were out there doing a Chip Kelly impression, but the numbers say its still a pretty balanced offense.  We suck because we're ass.  That's it.  It's not the coaches fault or the play selection or whatever.  We suck.  That's all there is to it.  We literally cannot compete against most of the league.  You have made this argument yourself in countless threads about rebuilding.

My argument is play smart football and let the chips fall where they may. We don't do that enough. In this past game, I believe it was a contributing factor to the loss.

Most of the rest of this season was going to happen, regardless. The biggest bump would have been never starting Bryce in the first place but what do you do?

And, yes, some of it is the coaches fault. Canales is far from perfect. Evero isn't perfect either. As much as the players and FO tote the blame, those guys get it too.

All that being said, 90% of our current situation is FO/Ownership driven. 

For the here and now, making massive defensive changes isn't going to matter enough to actually impact W's and L's, IMO.

As the old X's and O's saying goes.....

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

16 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I know you have your thesis paper all typed up, but it's not gonna work man.  You'd have a case if they were out there doing a Chip Kelly impression, but the numbers say its still a pretty balanced offense.  We suck because we're ass.  That's it.  It's not the coaches fault or the play selection or whatever.  We suck.  That's all there is to it.  We literally cannot compete against most of the league.  You have made this argument yourself in countless threads about rebuilding.

Yep. Think about what we gave up and got back. We weren’t a dynasty in 2019/2020 but then in 2021-2023 we gave up:

CMC and DJ Moore, pick 9, pick 1 and probably pick 33/34 for Young and DJ Johnson

Burns for a 2nd and a couple 5ths

2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 5th and 6th for 3 QBs and a CB no longer on the team.

Add in 3 drafts where you got Iky and Horn with pick 6 and 8 and pretty much nothing else.

How does any team coming off back to back 5 win seasons survive an epic gutting like Fitterer did from 2021 to 2023? That’s how you go 3-20 this year and last year and are the worst team in the league.

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Yep. Think about what we gave up and got back. We weren’t a dynasty in 2019/2020 but then in 2021-2023 we gave up:

CMC and DJ Moore, pick 9, pick 1 and probably pick 33/34 for Young and DJ Johnson

Burns for a 2nd and a couple 5ths

2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 5th and 6th for 3 QBs and a CB no longer on the team.

Add in 3 drafts where you got Iky and Horn with pick 6 and 8 and pretty much nothing else.

How does any team coming off back to back 5 win seasons survive an epic gutting like Fitterer did from 2021 to 2023? That’s how you go 3-20 this year and last year and are the worst team in the league.

And over half of you fugers were in here singing Fitts praises and loving his crap drafts.

In on every deal really meant he got fleeced on every deal. 

All you were loving when he got all cutesy in his first draft and traded back like 17 times and drafted a bunch of nothing. 

Worst GM ever. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

And over half of you fugers were in here singing Fitts praises and loving his crap drafts.

All you were loving when he got all cutesy in his first draft and traded back like 17 times and drafted a bunch of nothing. 

Worst GM ever. 

He was pretty bad. I am doubtful I praised him, personally.  Because I know enough to know that I don't know when it comes to a 4th round player. I barely know when it comes to a 2nd round player. I can see a great athlete but when there are 5 very good prospects at one position, can I tell you which one is the right one? I would be guessing.

I know what the team needs, and I can recognize a total poo QB that has a college ceiling, apparently. Sometimes you can just see things for whatever reason. 

The thing with Fitterer (and Hurney a lot of times) is that is seemed unclear as to who was driving certain decisions, so blaming the right person was kind of guesswork. 

Just now, strato said:

He was pretty bad. I am doubtful I praised him, personally.  Because I know enough to know that I don't know when it comes to a 4th round player. I barely know when it comes to a 2nd round player. I can see a great athlete but when there are 5 very good prospects at one position, can I tell you which one is the right one? I would be guessing.

I know what the team needs, and I can recognize a total poo QB that has a college ceiling, apparently. Sometimes you can just see things for whatever reason. 

The thing with Fitterer (and Hurney a lot of times) is that is seemed unclear as to who was driving certain decisions, so blaming the right person was kind of guesswork. 

Not saying you personally, but there were tons of guys on here riding his dick for no good reason. 

3 minutes ago, strato said:

Blame them all and you cant miss the culprit.

Fitt, Tepper, Rhule, they all sucked terribly. 

Then tepper went half way right with hiring a bunch of real NFL coaches , but hamstrung them when he and Fitt forced Bust Young on them. 

Now we are at rock bottom, a bunch of talentless losers on D with a mediocre O. 

Edited by PootieNunu

3 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Blame them all and you cant miss the culprit.

Fitt, Tepper, Rhule, they all sucked terribly. 

Then tepper went half way right with hiring a bunch of real NFL coaches , but hamstrung them when he and Fitt forced Bust Young on them. 

Now we are at rock bottom, a bunch of talentless losers on D with a mediocre O. 

Yeah take them all out back and shoot them you are sure to be rid the guilty party. If only Tepper could be taken out (I don't mean literally shoot him, but we can't do anything about him).

I am gonna say rock bottom was last year. This is better, it is like we were really sick but have turned the corner and are healing. Still weak yes but not getting worse. 

I understand the whole thing with how the defense got ignored, and I suppose it was worth it to prove that the QB was the biggest issue and not a solution to anything. 

22 hours ago, Stingray3030 said:

We have no pass rushers - no linemen, no LB's, no secondary - none.  Why blitz with ineffective people and leave ineffective people behind trying to cover?  You will just get burned by slants and runs even more so than we already do.  We are so bad at run defense we can't afford to miss by blitzing.

I disagree strongly.  Blitzing and being aggressive puts you at risk of getting burned.  We are getting burned anyway.  We are giving up the most points in the NFL by far playing it safe and letting them run down our throats and the qb stand back all day and pick our secondary apart.  At least when you play aggressive and blitz you have the chance to cause confusion or make the qb make a mistake.  We don't have the coverage talent to play super soft and let the qb have all day to throw either.  We are a historically bad defense this season playing soft and safe.  What is there to lose?  

• Beer 1

Just now, strato said:

Yeah take them all out back and shoot them you are sure to be rid the guilty party. If only Tepper could be taken out (I don't mean literally shoot him, but we can't do anything about him).

I am gonna say rock bottom was last year. This is better, it is like we were really sick but have turned the corner and are healing. Still weak yes but not getting worse. 

I understand the whole thing with how the defense got ignored, and I suppose it was worth it to prove that the QB was the biggest issue and not a solution to anything. 

The only difference form this year to last is Bryce is sitting on the bench. 

The D is much worse, we could have been a better team last season with Andy at the helm, I dont see anything else that is much better. 

The OL could have been serviceable last season with a real QB instead of Mr. drop back 15 yards and bail on a clean pocket. 

19 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

We do change up the blitzes.

We have changed the blitzers, as well.

I am not sitting here saying that Evero is an elite DC but there is no DC in the NFL that could pull this unit out of the bottom 10 in the NFL.

They put together a bottom 5 unit and they are doing exactly what they were supposed to be doing, sucking real hard.

There is no answer. We can try shuffling PS players every week to just burn pointless cap money. We can try trading all of our future draft picks to mortgage our future. 

This isn't a 2024 problem that is able to be fixed. We are bad. It just is what it is.

If I am Canales, I probably also throw Evero under the bus to take some heat off me. He isn't a Canales guy. It's an easy scapegoat.

Elite defensive coordinators can scheme up pressures the same way good offensive coordinators can scheme people open imo.

19 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Elite defensive coordinators can scheme up pressures the same way good offensive coordinators can scheme people open imo.

When you have a guy eating 80% of the pass rushing snaps and has a 0% win rate, that is kind of hard to do. 

I dont think some of you realize the level of terrible that Evero is working with. 

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Worst GM ever. 

I never did. His first year was a wait a see for me. But the trades and turning down the Burns deal sealed it for me. He was complete ass.

• Pie 1