• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Blitz/Stunt Rates

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Everytime they did they got burned. It's better that they don't with this group. 

We have no pass rushers - no linemen, no LB's, no secondary - none.  Why blitz with ineffective people and leave ineffective people behind trying to cover?  You will just get burned by slants and runs even more so than we already do.  We are so bad at run defense we can't afford to miss by blitzing.

• Pie 4

Evero is a heavy blitzer historically so him holding off shows you how he thinks of the current state of things with the personnel. 

We’re not getting pressure without blitzing but we can’t really sacrifice sending too many dudes.. a conundrum with a depleted and low-value unit

• Pie 6

I think Evero is fine. If the defense is bottom of the barrel this year he might have to leave just for the sake of appearances but this is clearly not his fault. I’d like to see him with more talent. 

The defense is gutted, especially in the front 7. It’s just how it’s going to be this year. I don’t understand what people are expecting. It starts in trenches and I have no idea who is playing each week lol. 

• Pie 6

42 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Everytime they did they got burned. It's better that they don't with this group. 

This is pretty much what I have been stating when people say Evero is the reason our defense sucks... These same people don't realize that literally nobody on our D can win a pass rush battle and by rushing 6+, odds are any of the other team's RBs, TEs, or WRs not covered by JC will be wide open in like 2 seconds.

There really is no winning with playcalling with the lack of talent on defense. Just have to hope we get stops every now and then and our offense can score 35+

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

This is pretty much what I have been stating when people say Evero is the reason our defense sucks... These same people don't realize that literally nobody on our D can win a pass rush battle and by rushing 6+, odds are any of the other team's RBs, TEs, or WRs not covered by JC will be wide open in like 2 seconds.

There really is no winning with playcalling with the lack of talent on defense. Just have to hope we get stops every now and then and our offense can score 35+

Their biggest issue is they cannot stop the run or pass. If they could do at least 1 of those they might have a chance at not getting blown out. They stink at both and this is what you get.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

46 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd rather get burned while trying to force the action than just get nickeled and dimed up and down the field all day long. At some point you have to try to do something to disrupt the opposing offense.

See, you say that but that's how you get dunked on even worse than we are currently. The options here are basically terrible or more terrible. I am not choosing more terrible.

• Pie 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Their biggest issue is they cannot stop the run or pass. If they could do at least 1 of those they might have a chance at not getting blown out. They stink at both and this is what you get.

Yeah, I honestly don't even understand why teams throw the ball against us. Pretty sure teams could just run every single down and always convert a 1st down against us

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm trying to win, not playing not to lose.

That's a nice thought. Show me how with this bunch. All you can do is try and slow them down. 

I think a couple of weeks back we gave up a 35 second drive and an under a minute drive, back to back. I don't think there is anything to win with here. We have one or two players on defense that you could win with.