• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting take on Evero and why no change in scheme

raleigh-panther

1 minute ago, NCBlu said:

After not giving EE the HC job they should have let him walk.

He had other DC offers he was looking to take ..

That's on Tepper who didn't learn after the OL coach debacle from last season.. 

It seems to me it was based on getting the compensation for promoting minorities. That rule. You lose a guy to a HC job, with him at your place for two years, you get a pick. 

And they expected that to happen so they wanted him to pull his two years before letting him go. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

he’s horrible

Whether they are blue chip or just a guy, young or old, they are pro players 

to my mind, there is zero excuse for not taking proper angles on tackles or allowing a running back to be at the second level almost immediately after the handoff implying zero gap control…they can’t even slow the runner down

i think the point the commentator was making is, you have what you have, fat or not, make an adjustment to that vs stubbornly doing what you have been doing that is not working…. at all.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, strato said:

Symbiotic relationship. I am about to give them something to chew on, for some clicks. A nice divisive take for them to pound.

Edit: I retract that... I made a mistake watching Trevin Wallace locker room interviews. He was all smiling and not pissed off, and I was like wtf why are you all happy right after getting your ass kicked?

So I went back to gather a couple of these videos and they are not immediately after the game, but the next day or even a Wednesday locker room thing. 

That's good to see that - I was trying to misjudge him, it fuging bothered me seeing a player smile after a loss. But that isn't what it was. So good. But I won't be making that thread.

Patience my friend. The cream will rise to the top by seasons end. 

• Beer 4

24 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Patience my friend. The cream will rise to the top by seasons end. 

I expect it. I am happy to see the mistake I made (though now I do want to find postgame video). I was good with the pick and agree he'll get better. This will be good for him in the long run. 

• Beer 2

The talent level just isn’t high enough to evaluate the coach so it’s a chicken/egg situation on who to blame.

It’s nbd to me if Evero stays or leaves but if he leaves you’ll have a pretty weak D with a new coordinator, maybe a new scheme, new players, and maybe some guys that won’t fit. The results will definitely be the same for a year or two. We’ve been so terrible I’m just thirsty for anything consistent. 

As long as Caneles is improving he can pick his own DC. I can see Evero leaving for that reason alone. 

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

The talent level just isn’t high enough to evaluate the coach so it’s a chicken/egg situation on who to blame.

It’s nbd to me if Evero stays or leaves but if he leaves you’ll have a pretty weak D with a new coordinator, maybe a new scheme, new players, and maybe some guys that won’t fit. The results will definitely be the same for a year or two. We’ve been so terrible I’m just thirsty for anything consistent. 

As long as Caneles is improving he can pick his own DC. I can see Evero leaving for that reason alone. 

The constant staff turnover is a factor for sure. I think, realistically, we should continue with the scheme so we can at least not take big steps backwards.

I know the argument could be that we have nothing and it is the right tie to change it because we have nothing to lose, but I would be hesitant.

We have some young players with some potential playing in this scheme right now and the depth guys are getting a lot of experience as well. 

You go changing it again and wtf, more years of pain. Just stick another 3/4 DC type in there and keep rolling (over, lol).

• Pie 3

Just now, raleigh-panther said:

Yep

I noticed a set with the OLB lined up on the line with a fairly big gap next to the DT, every time that set was shown, RB ran into that purposefully left gap for 5 to 10 yards a pop….over and over again  I’ve never been a fan of 3 4 4 or 5 2 4 in any case

kinda like Canales always calling a pass after a first down run gains 4 to 6 yards 

they need to self scout …and quickly …both of them

15 hours ago, hepcat said:

So playing the corners 15 yards off the receivers on 3rd and 4 is because the players don’t fit his scheme

Do you know which play that was? Because I just spent a good bit of time watching and may have missed that but I didn't see it. They were 6-8 yards deep most of what I saw, outside the red zone and longer 'to go' downs.

That's pretty egregious. I did get tired of watching in the 4th quarter and skimmed through a couple of series so maybe it was there? 

I did see confusion among the DBs on some plays.

And sorry to Wallace but he didn't have much of a game.  I don't even know or care what his tackle numbers were, it was how he looked getting them.  Maybe I misunderstand his responsibilities and fits but he wasn't really running to the ball they way I am used to seeing. Just looked a little slow and not as physical as I wanted to see. Maybe he is thinking to much.... 

So on him I will echo earlier comments: he needs to work and get stronger this offseason. 

Edited by strato

9 minutes ago, strato said:

Do you know which play that was? Because I just spent a good bit of time watching and may have missed that but I didn't see it. They were 6-8 yards deep most of what I saw, outside the red zone and longer 'to go' downs.

That's pretty egregious. I did get tired of watching in the 4th quarter and skimmed through a couple of series so maybe it was there? 

I did see confusion among the DBs on some plays.

And sorry to Wallace but he didn't have much of a game.  I don't even know or care what his tackle numbers were, it was how he looked getting them.  Maybe I misunderstand his responsibilities and fits but he wasn't really running to the ball they way I am used to seeing. Just looked a little slow and not as physical as I wanted to see. Maybe he is thinking to much.... 

So on him I will echo earlier comments: he needs to work and get stronger this offseason. 

It was the bengals game I saw it most egregiously, can’t remember when in the game though