• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Draft Pick Status (Week 7)

I'd take a trade down a few slots followed by a trade back into the late 1st for someone they really like. That is the kind of trade up I can deal with. 

Just no trading future assets, you lose me 100% doing that stuff. It is my trigger point on a GM. 

I might be okay doing a trade that gets us some ammo for 2026, depending. 

On other teams outsucking us, I wish that could be decided head to head instead of this SOS stuff because they could outsuck us there.

Edited by strato

14 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Just depends on how far back we go.  I wish we could do what the Bears did to us, but I don't think any team is doing that soon. 

No team is as dumb as the Panthers have been. I can't even say that there is another team out there more desperate than this team has been even considering something so asinine as what the Panthers gave up. The Panthers are a cautionary tell on what trading up that high will do to your team if you get it wrong. It's just not worth it.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

Its is what it is.. I think that we let BY ride the bench until after the bye week and then its all him for the rest of the season. 

Ultimately we need players. I honestly dont think we are too far away from competing... NEXT year we get DB back and we use this off season to fix the defense... then plunk in a QB and viola! ..............

viola! that would maybe put us at 8-9 9-8 best case.

37 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

Could you imagine..... winning 8 games in a season.......  Its been since 2017 that we have won at least 8 games. 

That was the year the Patriots beat the Falcons in the Superbowl.....

Wilks went 6-6 with a lesser team than Rhule went 1-4 with. I'd figure that as 8 or 9 wins. It was nice to think we had a chance in most games. Not all but we could at least compete with the teams ranked like 10-32. 

I know besides the recent Dalton starts it is the only fun I have had watching Panthers football since 2018 probably. 

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

The Panthers are a cautionary tale on what trading up that high will do to your team if you get it wrong. It's just not worth it.

But we were assured that there was no price too great to ‘go get your guy’…

/s

Edited by bythenbrs

5 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

I fell into this trap of thinking.  If the team doesn't have a QB, what's the point, type thinking.  Then again, I never thought we would miss this badly 

The thing that got me was the cavalier attitude to the buy in. It was a huge risk whoever we took at the point we made that trade. And that risk was brushed aside, casually. 

It was like poor people buying a Cadillac. Or these days, an Escalade or something. You are gonna stay poor. 

Edited by strato