• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hubbard on pace to surpass McCaffrey on Panthers all-time rushing list

ProcessBlue2

1 minute ago, SOJA said:

I just realized that when my brain thinks of CMC, the first image that pops into my head is of him as a 49er. We are a sad franchise yall 

My first mental image is him on the sidebar here for a year after he was traded. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

4 hours ago, Navy_football said:

Cam could come in right now and serve a Taysom Hill role for a team. And he'd be better at it. 

Problem with this is since it's Cam, people will be calling for him to start at QB immediately. Any success he has will be exaggerated and half the fan base will be calling for him to sign a 5 year deal. The fan base just can't move on from him. 

When Rhule brought him back, he should have let him start the remainder of 2021 and let the people see the good and the bad and then decide whether to bring him back in 2022 in a mentor role. The way that entire situation went made the Cam hysteria worse.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Cam is a icon and entertainer now. For ESPN. I think has abandoned the idea of playing again. Probably because he knows his arm wouldn't hold up? 

also, that 2021 thing turned him against the franchise it seems. He was all in on the media Panthers ruined him, didn't support him, etc. Last I heard. 

Which probably helped him get hired there.

Edited by strato

53 minutes ago, strato said:

Cam is a icon and entertainer now. For ESPN. I think has abandoned the idea of playing again. Probably because he knows his arm wouldn't hold up? 

also, that 2021 thing turned him against the franchise it seems. He was all in on the media Panthers ruined him, didn't support him, etc. Last I heard. 

Which probably helped him get hired there.

Technically the Tepper era Panthers turned on him first.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Problem with this is since it's Cam, people will be calling for him to start at QB immediately. Any success he has will be exaggerated and half the fan base will be calling for him to sign a 5 year deal. The fan base just can't move on from him. 

When Rhule brought him back, he should have let him start the remainder of 2021 and let the people see the good and the bad and then decide whether to bring him back in 2022 in a mentor role. The way that entire situation went made the Cam hysteria worse.

Yep. All around mismanagement with Cam. From the first release to the second. They really screwed him in the timing of the first release though. Not something you do to a guy that meant so much to this franchise. But, no. Carolina would be the worst place for him to go in that role. There are more Cam jerseys than anyone else. The starting QB would have a big red target on his back and would have to be perfect. 

20 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Technically the Tepper era Panthers turned on him first.

Fair enough. That was kind of fuged up.

And that's what my 2021 comments were intended to refer to. 

and, poo. I see now that I didn't say what he was all in on, which I was talking about his Bryce takes where he blamed the team. I forgot to say his name at all.

Hopefully a view into the future.

Edited by strato