• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hubbard on pace to surpass McCaffrey on Panthers all-time rushing list

ProcessBlue2

If Hubbard does not want bank breaking money, I would absolutely resign him again but he has been through quite a losing culture here since he was drafted so I fear may not want to resign with this team. I can't blame him or fault him if he does not as unless I absolutely loved Charlotte and had to live here I would want to expand my world and see if I could get with an organization where they have more culture of winning consistency and potentially a more stable environment already set-up where they may be just a good running back away from competing for the playoffs etc.

• Beer 2

On 10/14/2024 at 11:52 PM, csx said:

I doubt he get 1500 more yards before signing elsewhere.

Just talking rush yards not total yards. He only needs 681 more rushing yards, assuming he averages at his career YPC rate, he only needs ~150 more carries this season to pass CMC.

Edited by UNCrules2187

45 minutes ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Who is McCaffrey ? 

Oh, that 49ers running back , I wish we had the chance to draft him , that is a franchise player you would have to be a complete moron to trade 

Hard disagree. He was an outstanding player, but he was a luxury we didn't really need. He was in on 99% of our offensive snaps. That just goes to show he was the only good piece of a wildly dysfunctional team. And as Derrick Henry has shown, a game-changing RB is the missing piece on an already really good team, but not something you can build a team around.

If we'd had a competent GM, we would have gotten better compensation for him, and people would never question the pick. But if he'd stuck around, you'd have either seen him make business decisions regularly, if not already have been broken down by overuse and mishandling.

Trading DJ Moore on the other hand...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 10/15/2024 at 12:37 AM, ProcessBlue2 said:

He only needs 681, unless you just mean in general.

He's 1515 yards behind CMC rushing yds in Carolina. That's the title of this thread no?

Edited by csx

I love stud RBs and Chuba is turning into a stud, but RBs are a dime a dozen and the elite ones can only help a team so much in a passing league.  My guess is he stays with Carolina on a reasonable contract and Diontae gets a bag.