• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brooks' Practice Window is OPEN

Bear Hands

if canales wants to run the run heavy play action offense he envisions, and if a rookie qb...or *gulp* bryce young is put under center next season, the panthers need 2 good backs. they need to duplicate the same run dominance as double trouble, foreman/hubbard, or even davis/foster.

the offense has shown a lot of light the past few weeks, but miles sanders is the bottleneck.

hubbard has been a breath of fresh air the past couple of seasons, and he's earned his spotlight...but at best, he is a stopgap rb1 back on any roster.

The reality is that Hubbard will want to hit the market. He should maximize his contract. We shouldn't be the team to do that. Given that we cannot go back in time the best thing is for Brooks be be the guy in the following years.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Why?

The last thing we or any rebuilding team should do is sign a FA running back looking for their second contract.

It makes zero sense 

Edited by csx
  • Pie 2

4 hours ago, CRA said:

Drafting an injured guy was a bit silly for us….but drafting a RB not in round 1 makes total sense. Hubbard is a FA after this year.  Not paying him a second contract is smart.  Not paying some dude like Miles Sanders would be smart.  You are supposed to draft RBs. 

U see Ray Ray Davis last night for Buffalo? 4th round rookie. That’s how you draft RBs 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, RJK said:

U see Ray Ray Davis last night for Buffalo? 4th round rookie. That’s how you draft RBs 

Yeah I always go to Kamara vs CMC in their draft. Was CMC like, 8th overall?
Kamara was 3rd round (67th overall). He is no CMC but outperformed him the first season and I don't want to look up the rest of it but he is still playing.

Kamara, seems like a thug type to me or maybe just not that bright and I prefer to avoid that, but he can play.