• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brooks' Practice Window is OPEN

Bear Hands

It was all because of Young. Propping him up with ‘the best’ pass catching RB in the class - for that 12 yard passing zone Bryce owns like no one else. 
Every freaking thing they did was ham fisted overkill aimed at eliminating all excuses. 

Not advocating or defending it, just trying to reason out the why. There actually is a chance he will be really really good. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

Cool. I did't get the hype or the pick. Sanders isn't it so another useful RB would be great. It would also be great if DC ran the ball a lot more.

This guy dudding out would be peak Panthers though so I'm going to need what all his hype is about.

10 hours ago, RJK said:

Yup a wasted pick. Team sure could use a 2nd round talent at a position of need that played all year.

Drafting an injured guy was a bit silly for us….but drafting a RB not in round 1 makes total sense. Hubbard is a FA after this year.  Not paying him a second contract is smart.  Not paying some dude like Miles Sanders would be smart.  You are supposed to draft RBs. 

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I'd honestly try to trade him. We already have considerable assets invested in Brooks and RB is just a draft 'em and let 'em walk position IMO.

Agreed. Where’s all the don’t sign him to a second contract talk? Chubba has been great. He runs hard on a shitty team with a decent OL. You can find decent backup RBs on the cheap. KC pulled Hunt off the couch. If Brooks is our guy, we don’t need to pay Hubbard. Trade him to Dallas. They’d love to have him and they can pay him.

33 minutes ago, CRA said:

Drafting an injured guy was a bit silly for us….but drafting a RB not in round 1 makes total sense. Hubbard is a FA after this year.  Not paying him a second contract is smart.  Not paying some dude like Miles Sanders would be smart.  You are supposed to draft RBs. 

With the total needs of the team it made very little sense to draft a RB in the 2nd. Being injured made it even worse.

They could have done all 3 smart things next year but did this one in a dumb way anyway you look at it. Add in the D is so bad that running won't always be an option and it's the cherry on top.

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Honestly, just had a random thought, Chuba playing extremely well in the final year of his rookie contract...if Brooks does come back and we have the ability to, could we move Chuba to like Dallas for a decent pick?  It really would bum be out, I love Chuba, but imo, it depends on what the front office has planned in the offseason, if they're gonna work on a deal with hubbard, cool, if not (which I think is their intention), then he 100% has value to someone like dallas who swears their in their win now window but has no running game.

NO GODDAMIT NO. IM TIRED OF US TRADING AWAY OUR BEST PLAYERS FOR DRAFT PICKS THAT WE MISS ON. Yea I know all caps but I’m sick of it. Would have a pretty good team with Chuba, Burns, Moore, CMC, and running it back with Sam Darnold or Baker.  That is a team you can win with but becasue a bastard owner and shittt Fitt, we have let all of our talent go. 

3 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

NO GODDAMIT NO. IM TIRED OF US TRADING AWAY OUR BEST PLAYERS FOR DRAFT PICKS THAT WE MISS ON. Yea I know all caps but I’m sick of it. Would have a pretty good team with Chuba, Burns, Moore, CMC, and running it back with Sam Darnold or Baker.  That is a team you can win with but becasue a bastard owner and shittt Fitt, we have let all of our talent go. 

You realize he is a free agent right?

• Beer 1

Everybody keeps forgetting D-Will his rookie year.

You play Brooks to split some carries. If he performs, you have two solid backs that can be in on any down. Whole playbook potentially available regardless who is in. If you think Brooks can handle a majority load this off-season, you move Chuba while his value is high. You then find another RB that can be that 1-2 punch with Brooks for 4-5 years, similar to the Double Trouble days.

This isn't a complicated thing.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

You realize he is a free agent right?

And Burns isn't worth paying and CMC is injured badly now.

The issue isn't who we lost it's that they can't aquire talent anymore. Be sick of that because nothing will change for the better until that changes dramatically.

• Pie 2

Sanders is gone after this year, and once that happens, I have no issues giving his salary to Chuba*.

Chuba is an interesting case where I think the benefits of re-signing him aren't strictly related to play on the field. Dude was a 4th round pick drafted to spell an all-pro in CMC and looked every bit of a backup his first year. But he worked his ass off and improved year over year, significantly and is now top 5 in rushing once he was finally given a chance as the #1 back. By all accounts he is one of, if not THE, hardest worker on the team. You need guys like that on the roster.

I'm not a huge fan of re-signing running backs, but Chuba has earned his money, and I'd hate to see him go - And I say this as one of his certified haters a few seasons back. If it pans out with Brooks we could have our own version of what Detroit has in their backfield with Montgomery and Gibbs.

* - As long as we don't reset the RB market like Hurney used to love to do and he takes essentially the same money per year as Sanders currently does. If that is the case then his contract would actually be a better value than Sanders' current deal due to the increase in cap year over year.

8 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

For a position you can fill with a 5th round draft pick lol. There must be some d-line/pass rusher available at that draft pick that would be an upgrade over what we've been watching

Possibly, but we aren't re drafting so let's see what the guy can do so we can move forward.