• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brooks' Practice Window is OPEN

Bear Hands

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

With the way Chuba is playing I honestly don't even care.

Chuba is a good back, but he's not as dynamic as Brooks. I'm excited to see what Brooks can do behind the same line. Perhaps we can get some finishes peppered in with the chunk plays (meaning JB taking it to the house). That can be game changing.

13 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Just to be clear, they have not yet actually activated him. That move is still to be made, though Coach Sunshine is optimistic about it being soon.

They seem like they have been extra careful and I am betting unless he has some kind of setback we will see him in a couple of weeks.  

2 hours ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Honestly, just had a random thought, Chuba playing extremely well in the final year of his rookie contract...if Brooks does come back and we have the ability to, could we move Chuba to like Dallas for a decent pick?  It really would bum be out, I love Chuba, but imo, it depends on what the front office has planned in the offseason, if they're gonna work on a deal with hubbard, cool, if not (which I think is their intention), then he 100% has value to someone like dallas who swears their in their win now window but has no running game.

Tbh, all the people complaining about it being a wasted pick are ignoring how using it on Brooks was actually really a great plan for the long-term...  RBs usually tend to crap out shortly after their rookie contract is up, OR they sign for a mega deal and then go south so fast that the value is never there.  So, as much as I love Chuba and am proud of the player he has become, it's really smart to draft a rookie with this much potential as the contingency plan for the next 4 years...  it sets us up great if we can find a QB bc we'll have a potential superstar RB on a dirt cheap deal.  The way the modern NFL is - nobody wants to be on the hook for a well-earned second RB contract, so no matter how much we love Chuba, the smart move is to let him sign elsewhere when his contract is up (unless he gave us a huge sweetheart deal, but not many players are in the business of giving money away).

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TD alt said:

Chuba is a good back, but he's not as dynamic as Brooks. I'm excited to see what Brooks can do behind the same line. Perhaps we can get some finishes peppered in with the chunk plays (meaning JB taking it to the house). That can be game changing.

It's hard to judge a RB off one year behind a Texas O-line. My expectations are low. I think he could take Sanders reps but I don't see him overtaking Chubas workload anytime soon

7 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

It's hard to judge a RB off one year behind a Texas O-line. My expectations are low. I think he could take Sanders reps but I don't see him overtaking Chubas workload anytime soon

That’s probably at least a year away. He hasn’t even had any live reps, this season will just be an introduction to the NFL and rep counts.

2 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

That’s probably at least a year away. He hasn’t even had any live reps, this season will just be an introduction to the NFL and rep counts.

For a position you can fill with a 5th round draft pick lol. There must be some d-line/pass rusher available at that draft pick that would be an upgrade over what we've been watching

11 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

For a position you can fill with a 5th round draft pick lol. There must be some d-line/pass rusher available at that draft pick that would be an upgrade over what we've been watching

This 2025 draft is looking pretty decent at edge thus far. 

• Beer 1