• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At this point, who gives a poo?

Knaakedup

Some of these threads, man... 

"We aren't far away" - that's just delusional. 

It has been a systematic deconstruction of a once good football team since Tepper bought it. Year after year, through every impulsive move being the wrong move, missing on basically every draft pick, and one year rentals that get the hell outta here as soon as they can, we are realistically 3-5 years away from being competitive consistently. Anyone that thinks differently needs to be medicated.

So, at this point, who gives a poo? Why would we hope to win? Do you really think that Andy (albeit a serviceable backup in his golden years) would make a deep playoff run? That is just not how this league is set up anymore. We need alllllllllll the draft capital possible to rebuild this entire team and yes, draft a new QB, take as many swings at that as we have to.

This league is set up to allow the top QBs to shine. We are still on the hunt for our next longterm answer while being negative on the picks to do so. I see so many people clamoring for Bryce now that I feel like I live in an alternate dimension. We have seen enough. He is too small for this league. There is no way he is going to magically grow 6 inches, add more velocity into his throws, and get faster as he gets older. He was the wrong pick, he's a bust, it's OK to admit it.

The once stout defense is a shell of itself filled with journeymen that are all replaceable besides Horn and Brown. Although, I would absolutely be willing to take some picks for Horn, because again, who gives a poo? We aren't going to be winning for a good while.

The mindset here needs to switch from panic moves to who gives a poo. Winning anything at this point is more of a negative in the long run than the short term dopamine hit it will give you because none of these players will still be here when this eventually gets turned around.

Enjoy your weekends with your family, watch other teams, do ANYTHING other than be invested into this current dumpster fire. If you live in a state that allows gambling like I do, put a bunch of money on the running backs, quarterbacks, and moneyline of whoever is playing against us and at least make some cash off of this disaster. But stooooop complaining about not winning. You drank the koolaid leading into the season, fine, but this was written on the wall since last season ended.

• Poo 2

I give a poo but the "we aren't far off" people aggravate me because sounds something like a Tepper would say. Everyone can have an opinion so my Apologizes to anyone that feels that way.

We need a stud homegrown QB there is no other way. Show me a team that is otherwise?

Edited by Deltek44
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

I don't think 5 years is the number. Maybe 5 years starting the clock in 2023. I mean we probably don't sniff .500 next year. That makes 4. Year 5 is two more drafts, and FA periods. As long as they don't blow it up again, I am seeing '27 as a possible head above water season. 

5 minutes ago, strato said:

I don't think 5 years is the number. Maybe 5 years starting the clock in 2023. I mean we probably don't sniff .500 next year. That makes 4. Year 5 is two more drafts, and FA periods. As long as they don't blow it up again, I am seeing '27 as a possible head above water season. 

That sounds about right to me. That means Canales is still here, Morgan starts getting some W’s in the draft… and the entire scouting department has been replaced by next year 

I stopped caring shortly after Rhule was hired. It’s just not worth it. We’ve been looking for someone to replace Smitty, Gross, Kalil, Newton and how many others and we just can’t seem to do it. Tepper is a narcissist and will never step back fully and allow people to do what they know how to do. I don’t see this team ever being anything while Tepper is the owner.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

4 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Oh look it's a thread complaining about people complaining and complaining about people who don't feel like not giving a poo and still root for the team to win. Holy poo what word salad did I just read?

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation GIF by HBO Max

The complaining about the complaining has been way out of hand, now in year two. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, mc52beast said:

I stopped caring shortly after Rhule was hired. It’s just not worth it. We’ve been looking for someone to replace Smitty, Gross, Kalil, Newton and how many others and we just can’t seem to do it. Tepper is a narcissist and will never step back fully and allow people to do what they know how to do. I don’t see this team ever being anything while Tepper is the owner.

I think this is the year we really confirm or deny his learning curve. If he overbears and doesn't stay back this year after all the last few years, he never will.