• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Everybody is talking about resigning Chuba Hubbard or Diontae Johnson

Basbear

What about Michael Jackson??

I feel Michael Jackson has played great since he came in 10 days before week one. Hes right there with JC horn and if he does give up a TD, he is in good position. Its hard to judge whos fault it is about the busted plays and big gainers. I think hes about 30 good/great plays to 1 awful ratio, about the same as Horn. 

Add Michael to the resign wish list! 

Can imagine you if panthers had some sort of pass rush with both Jackson and Horn, I promise INTs would be happening.  

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, t96 said:

We’ve been watching different games apparently . MJ has been average at best. Horn has been a shutdown corner. Not even close

We’ve had less than zero pass rush.  Coverage can’t last forever.  Mike has played well being the guy QBs are going to throw at instead of testing Horn.

• Pie 1

All these types of questions is where we now have to hope Dan Morgan is a good GM. I like Jackson. I wouldn’t resign Hubbard for to much money, and as it relates to Dionte a lot depends on how much he wants to be here because in his mind he might be thinking he’s going somewhere else no matter what. Talent wise he’s the best wr the Panthers have had in years so be nice for him to stay here. 

1 hour ago, L-TownCat said:

We’ve had less than zero pass rush.  Coverage can’t last forever.  Mike has played well being the guy QBs are going to throw at instead of testing Horn.

Jackson has been phenomenal for what we paid for him and compared to expectations. I’d consider keeping him around depending on contract. I don’t view him as a huge priority. And let’s not act like we’re set at CB because he’s been average. The position group is still a weakness, like every position group on D. Yes pass rush is the weakest but there just isn’t any strength on D. Horn if healthy is borderline elite but the rest of the corners are underwhelming and the safeties suck. We need to completely 100% overhaul the D

Edited by t96
  • Pie 1

Jackson has been good and I agree we should resign him. He’s had some bad plays but definitely more good than bad. People talking about “big contracts”, no one is saying to sign these guys to big contracts. Chuba ain’t going to get a big contract. Dionte ain’t going to get a big contract. Sign them to medium tier starter contracts cuz that’s what they are. If they want top three money then they can walk, but an effort should definitely be made to sign all three to reasonable contracts.