• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best and worst PFF grades from Panthers' Week 6 loss to Falcons

8 minutes ago, strato said:

He was a 3rd rounder but yeah he doesn't need to be doing that and it wasn't by design. 

I am totally bought in that they looked for every edge and every chink in the armor to defend against, to salvage that sunk cost. 

I knew we needed a C and wanted one, but never thought they would do it for the reason I stated. And they didn't. 

I spent a lot of time trying to understand the why of some of this poo, and caught arguments over it. But it wasn't me being an advocate for it, it was just trying to get what they were likely thinking. 

Dang yup 3rd. 

I get and agree with that it's just such a sweet setup for a rookie to fall into when Corbett goes down again. Maybe next year. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, PantherKyle said:

Is he the most obvious prospect to not work out we have ever drafted?

That would be Bryce for my money. By a mile. 

I haven't watched much with the focus on defense and the little I have was focused on Wallace. But things are so weak that maybe it is possible he is a player they devote resources to keeping down. I think A'Shawn is probably that guy for me but again, I haven't watched Johnson with that type of focus. 

I guess I should. But there is no way he beats Bryce out for that title. Maybe ... the App state guy Hurney took for a WR. Forget his name, but he was pretty obviously a mistake. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, strato said:

That would be Bryce for my money. By a mile. 

I haven't watched much with the focus on defense and the little I have was focused on Wallace. But things are so weak that maybe it is possible he is a player they devote resources to keeping down. I think A'Shawn is probably that guy for me but again, I haven't watched Johnson with that type of focus. 

I guess I should. But there is no way he beats Bryce out for that title. Maybe ... the App state guy Hurney took for a WR. Forget his name, but he was pretty obviously a mistake. 

A Edwards. 3rd round QB convert to WR Hurney special. Clausen in the 2nd lol. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Before I look at the results, I will say that BC did a good job at C--Coker at WR, Sanders at TE, and Hunt at G.  Chuba at RB was good.  Nijman was terrible. Thomas was terrible.

I did not see a lot of good on Defense--Woods sucked, in my view.  Wallace had some moments where he was good, but both LBs were MIA a lot.  Inside, the DTs were terrible.  Not much pressure from any OLB.  Seeing the defense is going to be interesting--Horn was a bit off but good at times, Jackson was solid again.  I am going from memory and was not grading them. 

Nijman looked pretty solid to me. I was pretty happy with his performance as a backup. 

6 minutes ago, Waldo said:

A Edwards. 3rd round QB convert to WR Hurney special. Clausen in the 2nd lol. 

Armanti. Yeah. Thanks. I'm not sure we knew Clausen was that bad until we knew. More of that trading up poo though, wasn't it? Enough to sour me on regardless of the player.

The only trade up that didn't really piss me off lately is the Brooks trade because we had accumulated so much in the initial trade back that we were kind of playing with house money trading back up for him. That 2025 second was keeping me happy.

edit: and also, I had zero expectations other than prove or disprove Bryce Young, and looked at the season as just basically a practice year for Canales and the new draft picks. So I didn't place a super high value on whether or not they were all immediate contributors.

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, strato said:

Armanti. Yeah. Thanks. I'm not sure we knew Clausen was that bad until we knew. More of that trading up poo though, wasn't it? Enough to sour me on regardless of the player.

The only trade up that didn't really piss me off lately is the Brooks trade because we had accumulated so much in the initial trade back that we were kind of playing with house money trading back up for him. That 2025 second was keeping me happy.

edit: and also, I had zero expectations other than prove or disprove Bryce Young, and looked at the season as just basically a practice year for Canales and the new draft picks. So I didn't place a super high value on whether or not they were all immediate contributors.

I called Clausen a bust after watching his school tape too. It was ass yet a lot couldn't see how weak his arm was at ND. It was bad. Hurney tried to trade up into the first but couldn't find a partner thankfully. That was the draft they spent their 1st on E Brown in the 2nd the year before lol.

The trade up to #1 was a massive dumb idea. A couple of spots is expensive enough but throwing in a legit WR and those picks was too much. If we had Stroud we would be wasting 2 or 3 of his rookie deal years. 1? Ok 2 or 3 or 4 is just a freaking waste of it all. That's when you want to build the team up so when you have to shave some talent off due to that massive QB contract you have options and ideas of where to best do that. Can't do that when you already spent a big chunk of those picks.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I called Clausen a bust after watching his school tape too. It was ass yet a lot couldn't see how weak his arm was at ND. It was bad. Hurney tried to trade up into the first but couldn't find a partner thankfully. That was the draft they spent their 1st on E Brown in the 2nd the year before lol.

The trade up to #1 was a massive dumb idea. A couple of spots is expensive enough but throwing in a legit WR and those picks was too much. If we had Stroud we would be wasting 2 or 3 of his rookie deal years. 1? Ok 2 or 3 or 4 is just a freaking waste of it all. That's when you want to build the team up so when you have to shave some talent off due to that massive QB contract you have options and ideas of where to best do that. Can't do that when you already spent a big chunk of those picks.

I didn't scout Clausen as I recall. It was an out of the blue thing to me also. 

That E Brown crap might have been the final straw for Hurney with me. It came from panic over Peppers, I thought, and I didn't know who was doing the panicking whether it was JR (who I pretty much blamed for the whole Peppers tagging and the resulting cap crisis) or Hurney or Fox panicking for that matter. Someone was too desperate to replace JP. (I know JP was still there, but that was his replacement).

That trading next year's 1st stuff, again. The cardinal sin for me. You do that and I hate you. 

I was very much against the trade for a QB last year. Totally opposed. And I do agree that with Stroud we would have still been handicapped by the cost, no doubt. But also no doubt that he would not have been the disaster that gave Chicago the 1st overall in 2024. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1