• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best and worst PFF grades from Panthers' Week 6 loss to Falcons

TheSpecialJuan

the good news?  Christensen just turned 28.  He has about 1.5 games under his belt at C.  His PFF grade (97 snaps--small sample size) is 69..5.  He has no penalties and has surrendered no sacks.  If he can take the C job (we will see how he does over the next 10 games or so) that would be huge.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

the good news?  Christensen just turned 28.  He has about 1.5 games under his belt at C.  His PFF grade (97 snaps--small sample size) is 69..5.  He has no penalties and has surrendered no sacks.  If he can take the C job (we will see how he does over the next 10 games or so) that would be huge.

Worst case he becomes a very versatile super sub. Yeah, Nijman... next. I thought he was THE OL liability on that day. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

27 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

The bad news. He is a FA next year…

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I hope anyone playing center looks decent between those OGs. Great setup for a rookie to step into also. 

Oh yeah. Especially now that they don't have to protect the QB in any and all ways possible. 

(meaning, my take was that they would not stick Bryce behind a rooking C making the protection calls)

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, strato said:

Oh yeah. Especially now that they don't have to protect the QB in any and all ways possible. 

(meaning, my take was that they would not stick Bryce behind a rooking C making the protection calls)

They were actually right about Corbs making the transition easy though.  One of the few things we got right.  Yeah he got injured but BC looked ok as backup.  

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, strato said:

They have a 4th round rookie making the calls on the D. That was always a loaded self serving argument, one that I hope is dead now. 

Anyone should look good between that much expensive talent. And I think guys will keep that up. They can get help from either side or just be the help to either side. It's not like they will find themselves on an island in that situation. 

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

They have a 4th round rookie making the calls on the D. That was always a loaded self serving argument, one that I hope is dead now. 

Anyone should look good between that much expensive talent. And I think guys will keep that up. They can get help from either side or just be the help to either side. It's not like they will find themselves on an island in that situation. 

He was a 3rd rounder but yeah he doesn't need to be doing that and it wasn't by design. 

I am totally bought in that they looked for every edge and every chink in the armor to defend against, to salvage that sunk cost. 

I knew we needed a C and wanted one, but never thought they would do it for the reason I stated. And they didn't. 

I spent a lot of time trying to understand the why of some of this poo, and caught arguments over it. But it wasn't me being an advocate for it, it was just trying to get what they were likely thinking. 

• Pie 1