• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers dead last in point differential at -100, 2nd worst is -65

R0CKnR0LLA

So the defense gets a pass due to injuries and lack of talent. The offense has a rookie WR, 4th round rookie TE, undrafted rookie WR, and David Moore all getting significant playing time and is running through Andy Dalton who at his peak was a decent QB, but those days are in his past. 
This season was about seeing if Young could develop, which he regressed so now we are trying to develop some of our young skill players. We aren’t going to put up 40 plus points a game though which is what was needed the last few games. I can’t look at this last game and blame our offense. 

• Beer 1

Man, we are the best at being the worst in point differential!  We're number 1!  Or 32!?

This is almost comically bad.  Like Dan Dan Orlovsky stepping out of bounds bad...

May as well laugh.  I keep the games on in the background.  I spend the first half washing our cars, and part of the 2nd half cleaning.  😃

I still love my team.  They are MY team.  But man, are the BAD right now!  Holy Moley!

14 minutes ago, TD alt said:

I think that's kinda the point. The offense can't blame the defense for not putting up points.

There's blame to go around. I'm for all things being relatively equal.

We made a concerted effort to shore up then offensive line in the offseason. We now have one of the most expensive O lines in the league. The defense was already struggling at times last season. Then we lost multiple players traded away a pass rusher. The cupboards are bare. All the same the defensive coordinator has some things to answer for. At the end of the day though he is not the head coach. On offense things could be better but we absolutely need to score more points. Fair or not the head coach has to figure that out regardless of all the talk of the defense. That's what he was brought in for.

58 minutes ago, Champagnepapi704 said:

Go look at the time of possession for last game 

Week 1 Minus 6:39 Lost by 37

Week 2 Minus 6:18 Lost by 23

Week 3 Plus 6:02 Won by 14

Week 4 Plus 1:02 Lost by 10

Week 5 Minus 4:48 Lost by 24

Week 6 Minus 0:40  Lost by 18

3 lowest TOP Minus 84

3 best TOP Minus 16

We're not a good team but let's not pretend that TOP hasn't been a factor in the +/-. 

4 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Week 1 Minus 6:39 Lost by 37

Week 2 Minus 6:18 Lost by 23

Week 3 Plus 6:02 Won by 14

Week 4 Plus 1:02 Lost by 10

Week 5 Minus 4:48 Lost by 24

Week 6 Minus 0:40  Lost by 18

3 lowest TOP Minus 84

3 best TOP Minus 16

We're not a good team but let's not pretend that TOP hasn't been a factor in the +/-. 

That is going to happen once you're behind and the other team is running the clock out and your offense has to pass to try to get back in to the game.