• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers dead last in point differential at -100, 2nd worst is -65

R0CKnR0LLA

5 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

What do they rank in ppg the past 4 games?

I don't know that but I know we were down 60 in Bryce's two games, and are down something like 40 in 4 games with the massive defensive attrition. 

And, Bryce had the full complement of receivers, healthy for both of his games. He had the OL intact I believe (not sure when Lewis went down and Zavala had to play).

31 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

What do they rank in ppg the past 4 games?

Well let's take a look

That still puts the offense in the bottom half of the league.

And look I have had scathing criticism for Bryce Young too but at the end of the day a big part of why we hired Canales was for what he could do to work with Bryce Young. He watched him all through camp and hid him in preseason. I'm not giving Dave a pass for the first two games. He's got the big boy pants on he runs the show.

Just now, frankw said:

Well let's take a look

That still puts the offense in the bottom half of the league.

And look I have had scathing criticism for Bryce Young too but at the end of the day a big part of why we hired Canales was for what he could do to work with Bryce Young. He watched him all through camp and hid him in preseason. I'm not giving Dave a pass for the first two games. He's got the big boy pants on he runs the show.

You can't run an NFL offense without an NFL QB. 

2 hours ago, Champagnepapi704 said:

Yall be saying anything on here

Screenshot_20241014_132819_Chrome.jpg

Someone complained the defense lived on the field.  There is only one way for that to happen.  

Panthers are bottom 3rd in possession on the year.  Bottom 3rd still if you look at the last 3 games.   That's one cherry picked game vs another team that, like us, struggles staying on the field offensively. 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You can't run an NFL offense without an NFL QB. 

Then Bryce never should have been the starter to begin the season. Shouldn't have that C patch on his jersey. And Canales and Morgan should have made any level of effort to put another young quarterback on the roster that isn't a jag at best. Dave and Dan saw the same QB we did throughout camp who struggled against what has become probably the worst Panthers defense ever. It was all a farce at the expense of the fanbase. So again. No free pass.

43 minutes ago, CRA said:

Someone complained the defense lived on the field.  There is only one way for that to happen.  

Panthers are bottom 3rd in possession on the year.  Bottom 3rd still if you look at the last 3 games.   That's one cherry picked game vs another team that, like us, struggles staying on the field offensively. 

Screenshot_20241014_165907_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ca1c582abc1dbd48c06e4a52f3d5ff1f.jpgScreenshot_20241014_165841_Chrome.thumb.jpg.228c195b8bc44af9a4732aaec8e725f9.jpg

cant say the offense isnt staying on the field because they are equally if not more the last 3 weeks

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Then Bryce never should have been the starter to begin the season. Shouldn't have that C patch on his jersey. And Canales and Morgan should have made any level of effort to put another young quarterback on the roster that isn't a jag at best. Dave and Dan saw the same QB we did throughout camp who struggled against what has become probably the worst Panthers defense ever. It was all a farce at the expense of the fanbase. So again. No free pass.

I think you are being somewhat unrealistic and not acknowledging your position since... forever. I mean, I don't think you believed that anyone could fix him... I know I didn't. I never thought you did either. 

1st, there was just no way Canales or anyone that wouldn't groom Bryce to start, gets hired. In what world was that not a condition of employment? It had to be. 

The best hope (for him) I had was someone could design around him enough to get him off the floor and able to run a personally tailored mini offense of little college poo. Once he showed the inability to stick with the 'fixed' mechanics and that drop, plant, throw....his unwillingness to let it fly, mission accomplished (proof he sucks). 

It was all about proving the negative for me, and getting him off the field and we'd have a guy that had done good work with QBs to move on with.  And that was done. With lightning speed I might add. That is a major step forward to me. 

Edited by strato

1 hour ago, frankw said:

I don't think any calls on Bryce were being made outside of the owner's suite.

25 minutes ago, strato said:

I think you are being somewhat unrealistic and not acknowledging your position since... forever. I mean, I don't think you believed that anyone could fix him... I know I didn't. I never thought you did either. 

1st, there was just no way Canales or anyone that wouldn't groom Bryce to start, gets hired. In what world was that not a condition of employment? It had to be. 

The best hope (for him) I had was someone could design around him enough to get him off the floor and able to run a personally tailored mini offense of little college poo. Once he showed the inability to stick with the 'fixed' mechanics and that drop, plant, throw....his unwillingness to let it fly, mission accomplished (proof he sucks). 

It was all about proving the negative for me, and getting him off the field and we'd have a guy that had done good work with QBs to move on with.  And that was done. With lightning speed I might add. That is a major step forward to me. 

I felt Bryce was cooked before preseason.

I saw the same Bryce Young that Dave Canales did in camp. Throwing awful picks in shorts into double coverage without even scanning the field and then looking like he'd rather be anywhere else. This after showing up to camp looking every bit the same physically. Then on top of it all the distinct lack of deep ball that certain people here went to ridiculous and comical lengths to rationalize.

I think we should be careful to give Canales too much credit for the benching. I think there was turmoil in the locker room. Players were simply tired of the way Bryce was being coddled and handed his position. If fans like us could see it and tire of it how do you think his teammates felt?

Regardless Dave and Dan rebuilt the offense and they knew doing so meant taking even more away from a defense that was already not up to Panthers standards. Now look at the results? All this hand wringing about the defense is just insulting in my POV. They knew what they were getting into. Start scoring some damn points. That's why you're here.