• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I have accepted that Bryce is a bust

Frank9999

5 hours ago, NorthTryon said:

I have a friend who argues till he's blue in the face that Bryce just needs a new shot with a coach that configure an offense around his skillset. I am like "What skillset! He does nothing well!". He's not the biggest, doesn't have the best pocket presence, he isn't the fastest, but he does have a weak arm!

Only offense young does well in is one that has all probowl rb and rb and he only has to pass 5 times a game.  Like you said he has no nfl qualities no clue what the panthers saw in him to make that kind of trade

i just don't understand why it is so hard for some  people to accept that Bryce Young is a bust & move on ?

the quicker you do that then the better off you will be in the long run .it's pretty basic common sense at this point ....

just saying

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, bandu said:

i just don't understand why it is so hard for some  people to accept that Bryce Young is a bust & move on ?

the quicker you do that then the better off you will be in the long run .it's pretty basic common sense at this point ....

just saying

And the less aggravated I will be. So tired of the excuse making that still happens daily.  
Thanks to Canales for not playing him Sunday.  

Edited by strato
  • Pie 2

He’s going to end up playing again at some point this season due to injury or whatever. There is going to be so much hype from the 10% of the fan base that hasn’t accepted it that it’s going to be sickening. It will be a complete implosion and what little draft value he had left will disappear.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, bandu said:

just saying

Who are these people who still exist? Are they on this board? I haven't seen anyone in awhile that believes Bryce is not a bust.....? I didn't think he actually had one person in this board who still believes in him but I could be wrong.

Bryce belongs on the sidelines and is by all means a good teammate cheering on and high fiving Dalton when he comes of the field after good play. He seems like a very supportive backup QB but I wouldn't want him to ever have to play or wouldn't want to be paying that high salary for someone I can't count on if the starter goes down. I was under the impression everyone here essentially felt that way now or am I wrong?

9 hours ago, ACobra289 said:

I remember during his first preseason I was questioning his arm strength and I got poo-ed on by several forum members who said I was just grasping at straws and I didn't know what I was talking about. 

Those know-it-all’s are quiet now………lol

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, NorthTryon said:

I have a friend who argues till he's blue in the face that Bryce just needs a new shot with a coach that configure an offense around his skillset. I am like "What skillset! He does nothing well!". He's not the biggest, doesn't have the best pocket presence, he isn't the fastest, but he does have a weak arm!

Maybe your friend meant a new shot with a team in the Arena Football League. The field is much smaller, as are the players, so Bryce's height and his noodle arm won't be much of a drawback. He's certainly good enough to be a 3rd stringer immediately. 

2 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Who are these people who still exist? Are they on this board? I haven't seen anyone in awhile that believes Bryce is not a bust.....? I didn't think he actually had one person in this board who still believes in him but I could be wrong.

Bryce belongs on the sidelines and is by all means a good teammate cheering on and high fiving Dalton when he comes of the field after good play. He seems like a very supportive backup QB but I wouldn't want him to ever have to play or wouldn't want to be paying that high salary for someone I can't count on if the starter goes down. I was under the impression everyone here essentially felt that way now or am I wrong?

Two or three still plugging away here if they think the coast is clear - like when some writer trolls everybody. 

And the 'Carolina ruined him' is something they think they can fall back to as a last resort. ... But it is untrue as well. I couldn't think of how to prove he wasn't but I am not the smartest guy around. I can read though... and I heard a good one from a youtube fan. It was "well, he got ruined after the Green Bay game then, I guess."

13 games of being ruined just to shake it off like it never happened? Right. Nope, not ruined then. So damn, it must have been those final two games and the 2024 training camp that did it? Okay.... 

Edited by strato
  • Flames 2

4 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I tend to agree. I'm not seeing any more Bryce hangers-on in any sort of critical mass. There may be a couple that are more meh about him rather than being vehemently against him taking one more breath of Carolina air, but I wouldn't call that being a Bryce-stan. Even if there are a couple out there who still support him, even they will admit that he has been 180 degrees from what he was sold as.

That said, I've noticed more how this board has gotten (IMO) almost toxic towards him with the personal attacks. Yes he sucks and yes he has to be gone asap, but you would think he's the worst person (not just player) affiliated with the Panthers this century. 

At risk of getting poo'd, that's not trying police or play hall monitor. Just an observation. 

• Beer 2

19 hours ago, TD alt said:

I accepted it a year ago. I also accepted that we had to let the situation play out. 

It was probably game 4 or 5 his rookie year where I just knew it wasn’t going to work out. Didn’t have the tools then, don’t have them now.