• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Do You Think About Our Rookies Thus Far?

Hoenheim

Honestly, this is probably our most promising rookie class through 6 weeks in years.

That's not to say they've been incredible or anything, but there have been several regular contributors from the rookie class and we still have Jonathon Brooks to come who could be the best of the bunch.

Low bar, yes, but I certainly prefer where this year's rookies are compared to the last several classes.

• Beer 1

I'm not sold on Wallace, he doesn't shed blocks very well. I'd bet those tackles are trailing type tackles. RBs 8 yards downfield type of stuff.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt because they have put so much on his plate, he isn't able to just play and worry about his assignments, he has to worry with all that other stuff too.

But he better work hard to get his strength built up in the offseason. 

10 minutes ago, strato said:

I'm not sold on Wallace, he doesn't shed blocks very well. I'd bet those tackles are trailing type tackles. RBs 8 yards downfield type of stuff.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt because they have put so much on his plate, he isn't able to just play and worry about his assignments, he has to worry with all that other stuff too.

But he better work hard to get his strength built up in the offseason. 

Fair point but when your D-linemen are getting destroyed at least he's making the tackle. 

7 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Fair point but when your D-linemen are getting destroyed at least he's making the tackle. 

They aren't keeping guys off of him, I will agree with that. I am not trying to trash him at all. I think he has the ceiling for more than we've seen. 

I just don't see what I was hoping to see. I rewatched some stuff and he was just losing his battles. But I also said the circumstances are bad too. The guy is a 3rd rounder being thrown into the hottest part of the fire after, what, 4 games? 

I hope he'll be like a lot of guys, that 1st season and offseason has him coming back more ready to compete and win.

XL - We shouldn't have traded up. He looks OK and what DC likes. Overhyped by college fans. Body catches are some BS and need to stop. 

Brooks - Massive mistake. Even if he becomes a good player it was a terrible pick. Guys picked behind him that already make him look like a worse pick. 

Wallace - I like his attitude. I'm still not sure if he is going to be good or just good enough. 

Sanders - A project getting better reps with Thomas out there being ass which is ironic and funny to me. Has lots of work left but has upside.

The rest are non-existent so far. I had to look up their names to see who we even picked later in the draft because I tuned out after round 2. 

XL is gonna be fine.  Wallace could be special if we can get some decent line play.  2 solid starters would make this a rare draft class for us.

Brooks and Sanders have a chance to make this class an all-timer.  Toss in Coker and it’d be something we’ve never seen before.

5 legitimate contributors from a single draft?  Unheard of in Panther-land.

• Pie 1