• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2025 Cap Room

ProcessBlue2

Interesting thought is to absolutely tank your cap by taking on Desaun Watson's contract

Cleveland gives us Watson and two first rounders for like a 7th round pick. 

Immediately cut watson

We basically fug our cap for two years, but who cares. We aren't going to be good next year and maybe, maybe be turning the corner the year after. If all goes according to plan we enter 2027 with a bunch of cap space and tons of young talent (+ maybe a QB from the 2026) draft 

Its wrong, look at the void yrs. about 13 million minus or dead cap for players that are FAs. If you add about 15 million for early draft picks and 5-10 million for in season signings....

You got nothing in cap space.

Dont believe......

6 minutes ago, SOJA said:

I agree with everything but Daniel Jones. I'd honestly rather have Dalton than him 

I feel like I'd rather have Dalton too but if Canales and Morgan wanted Jones I would be pretty excited. If they could "fix" him to the level Baker and Geno got he could possibly be the best of those 3. Young, runs like a deer, arm strength for every throw, has always played behind a really bad O Line

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

Interesting thought is to absolutely tank your cap by taking on Desaun Watson's contract

Immediately cut watson

We basically fug our cap for two years, but who cares. We aren't going to be good next year and maybe, maybe be turning the corner the year after. If all goes according to plan we enter 2027 with a bunch of cap space and tons of young talent (+ maybe a QB from the 2026) draft 

They've already gone the FA QB route which is what they would have to do again eating up most of the space freed by Watson. They'd be better off to keep those 1sts, draft their own QB, and kick Watson to the curb as soon as his contract is up. 

A young QB on a rookie contract is more valuable than a vet QB. Unless you're the Panthers and your shiny new QB is a huge little anchor.

Edited by SmokinwithWilly

8 hours ago, SOJA said:

Immediately cut watson

Do that deal but instead of the 7th give them Bryce 

8 hours ago, SOJA said:

I agree with everything but Daniel Jones. I'd honestly rather have Dalton than him 

Agreed people that say Daniel Jones haven’t watched his awful decision making and ball placement in games. Darnold was better 2 years ago than Jones is right now.