• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2025 Cap Room

ProcessBlue2

People are loathe to look at this as a two or three year fix, but it was never a one year thing. 

The Bryce priority skewed things so far to the offensive side that the defense just is what it is. 

But these picks look a lot better when you frame it to what does 2025 look like. If they pan out and we are about to see Brooks, and they draft defense for immediate impact next draft things should look a lot better.  

On 10/14/2024 at 1:06 PM, jb2288 said:

Man we are in a really good spot next year. Have another good draft, pay Horn, hopefully Brooks hits, add some pieces on D in FA, and go get a mid tier veteran QB at $10-15M per (Jones camp here if Giants let him go) or extend Dalton if that’s what coaches want. No reason we can’t be playoff competitive in 2026 

lol

On 10/14/2024 at 1:20 PM, jb2288 said:

I'd offer him $20M right now and if he doesn't want it then fine, we will take the comp pick which hopefully is a 3rd (assuming we don't go crazy in FA)

I think we only get the comp based on how many FAs we sign.  With out roster, I'd assume we sign enough FAs to not get a comp for any player we let walk.