• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2025 Cap Room

ProcessBlue2

Right now according to Sport Trac, we have about 41 million going into next year. Having Bryce designated as a post-June 1 trade is 6 million in dead cap but frees up 4 million. In the far right columns you can see what post-June 1 cuts would give us. 

image.thumb.png.860b68ec9ce3eb844cd87c8930cb6cf4.png

These moves alone free up an additional 50 million in cap space with 20 million in DC. This is not counting restructuring the contracts of Brown, Hunt, and Lewis.

image.png.92d2697d05e85a48abd6af43e914008b.png

Edited by ProcessBlue2
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, UNCrules2187 said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Clowney gets traded to a contender by the deadline. Maybe Detroit given the injury to Hutchinson?

Very possible, would be a 4 million dollar hit but would open 10 million if done this season. Might happen as the other Edge rushers start coming in. 

4 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Clowney gets traded to a contender by the deadline. Maybe Detroit given the injury to Hutchinson?

Clowney is a middling mercenary at this point in his career.  He's chasing money.  Not to mention he's injury prone. I knew this when we signed him and here he is hurt with a $10M 1-year contract.  Yeah, trade him...if we can find any takers.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Clowney is a middling mercenary at this point in his career.  He's chasing money.  Not to mention he's injury prone. I knew this when we signed him and here he is hurt with a $10M 1-year contract.  Yeah, trade him...if we can find any takers.

all the South Carolina faithful had so much glee when we signed him. Guy is a low end mercenary at this point and went to BAL to juice up another contract, we were dumb enough to get it. I said it the moment we signed him that he would roll over and play dead here and every Randall McDaniel on this board blasted me but just like Nostradamus I saw right through this signing

Man we are in a really good spot next year. Have another good draft, pay Horn, hopefully Brooks hits, add some pieces on D in FA, and go get a mid tier veteran QB at $10-15M per (Jones camp here if Giants let him go) or extend Dalton if that’s what coaches want. No reason we can’t be playoff competitive in 2026 

• Pie 1

Good thing about paying  Horn is that he's been severely injury prone. So he's not gonna have much leverage with any team for a huge deal.

Idk if I'd pay Diontae Johnson. Would be nice to have but he's definitely not worth near 30+ mil a year like top WRs.  He might try to bend the Panthers over because he's our only reliable #1 WR at this point. 

He's really still a #2 WR imo. He's just a #1 on our squad.  He's not cooking dudes on go routes for long TDs or out muscling DBs in the end zone every Sunday.  But he is deadly in the middle of the field and gets open which is what a WR2 should be doing.

Edited by Hoenheim

7 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Good thing about paying  Horn is that he's been severely injury prone. So he's not gonna have much leverage with any team for a huge deal.

Idk if I'd pay Diontae Johnson. Would be nice to have but he's definitely not worth near 30+ mil a year like top WRs.  He might try to bend the Panthers over because he's our only reliable #1 WR at this point. 

He's really still a #2 WR imo. He's just a #1 on our squad.  He's not cooking dudes on go routes for long TDs or out muscling DBs in the end zone every Sunday.  But he is deadly in the middle of the field and gets open which is what a WR2 should be doing.

I'd offer him $20M right now and if he doesn't want it then fine, we will take the comp pick which hopefully is a 3rd (assuming we don't go crazy in FA)

3 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

3 hours ago, jb2288 said:

I'd offer him $20M right now and if he doesn't want it then fine, we will take the comp pick which hopefully is a 3rd (assuming we don't go crazy in FA)

He will be hurt before the season is over, watch and see. I'm willing to bet it's before the Bye Week.

6 hours ago, UNCrules2187 said:

yea this would make sense esp if detroit gives up something legit given how close they are to a superbowl 

4 hours ago, jb2288 said:

Man we are in a really good spot next year. Have another good draft, pay Horn, hopefully Brooks hits, add some pieces on D in FA, and go get a mid tier veteran QB at $10-15M per (Jones camp here if Giants let him go) or extend Dalton if that’s what coaches want. No reason we can’t be playoff competitive in 2026 

I agree with everything but Daniel Jones. I'd honestly rather have Dalton than him 

• Pie 1