• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coker again; review of the Offense

MHS831

Coker seemed to take reps from Mingo....Sunday, Coker was targeted 3 times with 3 catches, 30 yards.  That makes 7 targets, 7 catches, 98 yards since being called up from the PS.  For those not good in math, that means he has caught every pass thrown to him. 

I am looking toward next season, frankly, and WR will probably be our second biggest need.  We will have Legette and Coker--and maybe Thielen.  I think we trade or cut everyone else before then.

The OL reverted back to old stupid presnap penalties--at home---but when they played, they were good most of the time.   Christensen and Zavala seem to be good depth; I thought we'd see more from Njigba (77).

Chuba is heading toward elite RB--pro bowl status.  Sanders?  We could do better on the PS.  I have to think they will shop him and if they get no takers, he will be cut when Brooks is ready.

Dalton is showing signs--not of his age, but of his meltdown periods that he made famous in Cincinnati.  I think he tried to do too much.  The Interception to Thomas was on thomas....As a high school tight end, you learn to break your route at 10 yards and work back to 7 on a drag route.   He is terrible.  That DB does not undercut him if he does that.  Just stupid football.  Sanders (TE) played better.   I would guess that Tremble's return could cause Thomas to be let go and Jordan Matthews to be brought up.

I have to say, I like the fighting spirit.

The team has been absolutely decimated by injuries, and yet we saw a game that was within reach until we decided to hang our hopes and fortunes on Ian Thomas. You've got a lot of PS pickups, waiver wire snags, and depth players stepping up and doing their best to contribute. Will it be a winning effort most times? No, probably not. They're bench-warmers for a reason. But they're certainly trying to make a game of it.

I like to see Andy smiling and having fun, but then get big mad on the sideline. He's clearly not in this for a paycheck.

You can hardly get mad that a team that squandered its future on Bryce Young, lost it's best player on defense week 1, and is starting depth players at almost every position has only 1 win at this point in the season.

But I think I can see the hazy outline of a winning culture forming.

And it simply has to be said, I think we have an RB of the future to build around in Chuba Hubbard. He's rapidly going from a lunch pail contributor, to a legitimate star. That's not something I was expecting.

Coker looking like a keeper. At least a good backup or slot option. Mingo is probably getting cut in the offseason or in training camp next year. 

Side note Legette making an impact is a good sign. Best rookie WR since DJ Moore. 

They will probably keep Mingo just because of the rookie contract. I think Thielen will be out and Johnson will sign somewhere else. 

• Legette
  • Coker
  • Mingo
  • Draft Pick?
  • Free Agent?
  • 2nd Free Agent?

Not in any particular order.

Also its sad we are discussing this only 6 games into the season.

Edited by ProcessBlue2

I have never felt more prematurely validated than I do in this moment for my love all things Jalen Coker.

He very well could just be a JAG but I'll be damned if the dude isn't running some crisp ass routes and catching everything thrown at him.

He has shown more in his 7 catches than I have seen in all of Mingo's 55

• Pie 1

Coker is a keeper. So is XL. dynamic duo of the future. keep diontae if we can for one more year. don't care about thielen or any of the other guys on the roster.

David Moore would be someone that i'd be interested in keeping around because he's a pretty reliable target as well. 4 catches on 5 targets. i've got no complaints there. not big yardage, but still a guy who will catch what you throw to him.

at RB i think we will be set with Chuba and Brooks. 

TE....i'd like to see more from Sanders and MUCH less from Ian. Get rid of him pronto.

OL was just sloppy with the penalties. that can be cleaned up. I think we are one center short of having a great OL. 

QB...keep dalton. trade bryce. pick up another vet QB that Canales can work with. don't draft a QB until '26 at the earliest.

The two offensive positions i would consider a priority next year is OC and TE. the rest can all go defense.