• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would You Get a QB in 2025 draft, or not??

Hoenheim

I'm really not a huge fan of this class. Cam Ward is interesting but don't think he's worth a top 10 pick. Milroe is similar. If either of those guys were available in the second though I'd highly consider it 

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, SOJA said:

I'm really not a huge fan of this class. Cam Ward is interesting but don't think he's worth a top 10 pick. Milroe is similar. If either of those guys were available in the second though I'd highly consider it 

I don't think I want Milroe, at all, at more than a bargain basement deal. 5th round flier like Rattler? Okay, no issue at all with that.  

Haven't watched Ward but isn't he at the low end of the allowable height slot? 

7 hours ago, Panther53521 said:

The Darnold thought is very interestingl.

We need someone like Darnold, vet QB that can lead the team while the new QB sits and learns

I would guess they offer Darnold 2 years if he keeps playing like he is. Sit McCarthy, let him get fully healed, and let him learn like Love did. 

Plus, other than money, why would he want to come here. He's seen toxic Tepperball in action. I can't imagine he'd want to come back to Carolina unless no one else offered him a FA contract or Dave was willing to shell out 4yr/200m guaranteed. 

31 minutes ago, strato said:

I don't think I want Milroe, at all, at more than a bargain basement deal. 5th round flier like Rattler? Okay, no issue at all with that.  

Haven't watched Ward but isn't he at the low end of the allowable height slot? 

6'2"

Nothing wrong with that. No, that's not Cam but there's plenty of examples of successful 6'2" QBs. It's not like he's 5'9" 175.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I need a list 

Too early IMO.   Take Milroe.  It could keep going south this year.  And then what is he? 

I think Carolina likely gets a top 3 pick and should draft back for picks 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

6'2"

Nothing wrong with that. No, that's not Cam but there's plenty of examples of successful 6'2" QBs. It's not like he's 5'9" 175.

Is he actually a bona fide 6'2", is sort of my point. 

Like Bryce, at 204 pounds and 5'10' without the hair.

I don't like that so much in the top 5 or wherever. At the same time, I would back a (unpressured by Tepper) Canales selection, as he is owed his quarterback to coach for his job with.

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Too early IMO.   Take Milroe.  It could keep going south this year.  And then what is he? 

(Oops I take back the not that high, I missed the trade back part.)

No Milroe. Not that high. Haven't we fuging learned about this Alabama poo? 

I watched him Saturday. Not impressed. People watch a lot of college ball and form attachments to guys that they shouldn't. He is better than Bryce but so what? 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Hell no to Milroe in the 1st. He's more of a project QB.

I'm all in on Travis Hunter unless we end up with the #1 pick.

Teams like Jacksonville/New England will definitely be a threat to draft Hunter. If we going to rebuild our defense you start with Hunter he's the best talent on defense.

I'm not drafting a QB #1. We trade that to Vegas and let them give up the farm for Sanders.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, strato said:

Is he actually a bona fide 6'2", is sort of my point. 

Like Bryce, at 204 pounds and 5'10' without the hair.

I don't like that so much in the top 5 or wherever. At the same time, I would back a (unpressured by Tepper) Canales selection, as he is owed his quarterback to coach for his job with.

You would've missed Patrick Mahomes then.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You would've missed Patrick Mahomes then.

Depends on the answer, and the tape. Which I haven't seen, as I said. I don't want to be hustled again. (on the Mahomes comps)

Edited by strato

8 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

They could still take a qb first and use rest of the picks on defense and FA agency money.  It's not like they have to spend on offense this off season outside of Johnson if they even choose to keep him.

If you take a QB you take the best prospect. The best QB is Sanders. Reaching on guys like Ward and Milroe is a massive gamble. We all know Sanders wouldn't like coming here. So you trade the #1 pick to the highest bidder and go from there.

We play our cards right we could come away with a great offer just like the Bears did to us. That's how you rebuild a team.