• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would You Get a QB in 2025 draft, or not??

Hoenheim

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Man I'm fine with taking a guy like Rattler almost every year.  I'm talking about using our most certainly to be top 10 pick on one.

Okay I get it, the cynical humor is something I should get right away. I'm slipping. 

18 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Your top 5 prospects in the draft 

I've got a lot of catching up to do on college football. The Panthers being trash has cratered my interest this go around but I'll get there. I'll get back to you on that at a later date.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

I've got a lot of catching up to do on college football. The Panthers being trash has cratered my interest this go around but I'll get there. I'll get back to you on that at a later date.

I really think that college fandom led to the massive Bryce support. People were not looking at it clinically because the formed a fanhood rooted picture in their heads. Then they get that confirmation bias thing happening. 

I believe the best thing to do is wait for their seasons to be over and then look at everything then. Clinically as possible. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

College has been a lot of fun this year.  I think it's been more entertaining than the NFL, personally.

• Pie 4

30 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

College has been a lot of fun this year.  I think it's been more entertaining than the NFL, personally.

Well, you are Panthers focused. Start watching a 1 win college team go out there outmatched every week and see how much fun it is. 

The purity of the amateur game is no more, totally gone. Not even a facade exists any more. Greed has ruined that for me. 

I'll watch the state teams here and there. For me that is pretty much S Carolina, Clemson, and Coastal Carolina (local). I have seen parts of a couple of S Carolina games, and they are for sure more fun to watch than Panthers games on average, even post Young. 

On 10/14/2024 at 6:24 PM, strato said:

I don't think I want Milroe, at all, at more than a bargain basement deal. 5th round flier like Rattler? Okay, no issue at all with that.  

Haven't watched Ward but isn't he at the low end of the allowable height slot? 

yea his measurables are not great and while he's been better this year still does not look like a first round pick to me 

• Pie 2

15 hours ago, OldhamA said:

There was no Mahomes comp for anyone that actually watched Young play football.

Ward has the ability to throw from multiple arm angles, but he doesn't have anything like Mahomes' arm strength.

i honestly might be missing something here so excuse me if I have ?

but yeah Bryce Young was compared to Patrick Mahomes by various media outlets &  people that had not only watched him play but also voted for him  in the Heisman such as ESPN draft analysts Todd McShay 

moreover this kid was an anomaly & it was a rare site to witness or let's say see as he was being not only compared to Patrick Mahomes but other legendary Qbs such as Drew Brees & of course Peyton Manning 

...just saying 

Oh yeah, I heard Mahomes all over. When he started out so poorly there was the Peyton Manning had a rough rookie season too! Troy Aikman. And so on. Never hey Ryan Leaf had a shitty first year and a shitty second year

People comparing him to Brees was just ridiculous, size wise. He isn't close. Unless this is close: If you actually look, Bryce is to Drew Brees, as Drew Brees is to 225 6'4".

Ideally take a big trade down like the Bears got from us. This teams needs 10+ starters lol need a huge infusion of talent to turn things around. Unless you're fully convinced the guy sitting there is the next Tom Brady gonna look to trade and go BPA the whole way and just stack the roster with as much talent as I can.

14 hours ago, PantherKyle said:

I've created something called Shadeurance. I don't like him or his family, but he balled Saturday. I need to mentally prepare for rooting for him. 

Maturity is taking your personal feelings out of it and judging based off what you see on the field. Not doing this is what's get a lot of folks looking foolish.

2 hours ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

Ideally take a big trade down like the Bears got from us. This teams needs 10+ starters lol need a huge infusion of talent to turn things around. Unless you're fully convinced the guy sitting there is the next Tom Brady gonna look to trade and go BPA the whole way and just stack the roster with as much talent as I can.

The thing about trading is i just don't like simply throwing it around like it's gonna be that easy. For that to happen a team is gonna a need a good reason to trade up  and if the draft isn't rich like people say then why would we expect this to happen? Who is trading up for anything other than an qb? Also trades don't happen like that most of the time because the value is just too much. They would have to be willing to give up next years first at minimum based off our projection then you would go from there on more picks. Unless it's a generational player it's not happening.

• Pie 1