• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would You Get a QB in 2025 draft, or not??

Hoenheim

Right now there’s like five or six QBs being talked about as being among the best. We’ll almost certainly be able to get one. If there’s a guy Canales believes in, then absolutely get him and let him sit behind Andy for a year while we retool the defense. 

• Beer 1

I think you take a QB in the upcoming draft so long as Canales wants him of course. To pass on a QB because "experts" don't think it's a good class makes no sense. Experts thought Young would be good. Pull the trigger again and see what happens. To wait until 2026 for another rookie QB is just plain depressing. Try try try again. We also need to start getting younger and unloading some vets. Expensive journeymen who are being overpaid will lead us nowhere.

On a positive note we're at rock bottom. This is as low as we can be imo. Get this season over with and start the rebuild.

Edited by pantherj
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You win some, you lose some, but you live to fight another day.

Was wrong on Bryce, but damn I made up for it with Daniels the following year.

I thought Bryce would be good still. Just thought Stroud was the safer pick with the higher ceiling. Stroud’s arm talent was (is)  just unreal…

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Lol...its a weak class every year.  It's only strong after everybody sees some results. Thats thr logic everybody follows now but won't say it out loud. 

Yeah the loaded class of TLaw, Zach Wilson, Lance, Fields, and Mac Jones wasn’t that loaded after all. 

8 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Lol...its a weak class every year.  It's only strong after everybody sees some results. Thats thr logic everybody follows now but won't say it out loud. 

You thought this year class was weak?

Caleb/Daniels/Maye were legit franchise QB prospects.

2 minutes ago, pantherj said:

I think you take a QB in the upcoming draft so long as Canales wants him of course. To pass on a QB because "experts" don't think it's a good class makes no sense. Experts thought Young would be good. Pull the trigger again and see what happens. To wait until 2026 for another rookie QB is just plain depressing. Try try try again. We also need to start getting younger and unloading some vets. Expensive journeymen who are being overpaid will lead us nowhere.

On a positive note we're at rock bottom. This is as low as we can be imo. Get this season over with and start the rebuild.

Depends if we can land a serviceable bridge QB. You get one of those and we can try to build an actual roster for a rookie QB to be out in later. 

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

People said it was weak in 2023. Like the people in 2022 were saying about 2023 (which it was, except for Stroud). 

This is why we should wait for the season to play out. Players at that age (and experience level) can make non linear leaps in a fairly short time. 

Edited by strato

10 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Depends if we can land a serviceable bridge QB. You get one of those and we can try to build an actual roster for a rookie QB to be out in later. 

Obviously, the worst thing would be to force it just because of need.

I only would accept using a high pick like that again on a QB if Canales swore by him. And just because, in these circumstances, that should be his call. 

They have to find a QB that  is reliable and can execute the offense effectively. Maybe it's Dalton for another year or not. Doesn't need to be a franchise QB at this time. The Defense needs all the help it can get.

With a competent QB and a rebuild defense, they could actually  compete in this division.

Edited by Jmac
  • Beer 1

23 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah the loaded class of TLaw, Zach Wilson, Lance, Fields, and Mac Jones wasn’t that loaded after all. 

Sometimes that's the way it goes and generally speaking as of late it's rarely the "consensus QB1" that ends up being the best of the bunch.

Yes. Hopefully they learned something and just make it 1 pick vs years of needed swings. 

There is no other position that effects as much of the game like QBs. Just get over Bryce and hope they make solid swings at other guys. 

They also don't have to hedge their bets and bring in a vet since Andy really doesn't have a lot of football left. (Yes I love him being here this year as a mercy but that's not a long term answer).

If your going to have a project in the next draft then a QB isn't a bad waste of a pick. 

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

NOPE. I thought it was strong. Just couldn't dwell on it cuz we had no first round pick and bryce young. I was saying the overall opinion is that its weak every year not my personal opinion. 

Edited by CPF4LIFE