• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would You Get a QB in 2025 draft, or not??

Hoenheim

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You can’t knock Ward for playing in the ACC and like Sanders who plays in the Big 12?? Right now he has 20 TDs to 5 INTs, Sanders is 17 to 4. Looks like he is cutting back on his TOs to me. Ward can’t beat you with his arm but he is 2nd in the league in passing yards even after having his bye week? He just rallied to beat two different teams one which he was down by 21 mostly with his arm. He sits back and reads defenses like Sanders. Both kind of hold on to the ball too long, but they are getting away with it. 

Yeah, they both seem to want to dance with pass rush and hold the ball…..yet ain’t built like Lamar to entertain that.  I think both have been more lucky than not with that mindset. Weak conference and the easy section of the schedule help.  But you got to think it will bite them eventually more than it has to date.  Dudes get killed in the NFL with that mindset of holding thinking they can make a play.  Ward and Sanders would be destroyed by a NFL front playing that way.

their college coaches seem to be cool with it.   I just worry the habits set in.  But maybe if tasked with quick ball both could do that too.  

52 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Hell no to Milroe in the 1st. He's more of a project QB.

I'm all in on Travis Hunter unless we end up with the #1 pick.

Teams like Jacksonville/New England will definitely be a threat to draft Hunter. If we going to rebuild our defense you start with Hunter he's the best talent on defense.

I'm not drafting a QB #1. We trade that to Vegas and let them give up the farm for Sanders.

I'd actually completely agree with you except I am 100% against drafting offense again. Unless Canales is really sold and I think I'd have to defer to that even as strongly as I am against more for them at the expense of the defense.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, strato said:

Again, if you were a Bryce stan for 2023, I'd appreciate you owning up to it right next to the new prognostications of greatness for a college player. 

Asterisk time. 

I liked Fields (missed), Stroud (hit), and last year I didn’t have a favorite but I will admit I didn’t think Daniels would take off like this. He has been incredible. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yeah, they both seem to want to dance with pass rush and hold the ball…..yet ain’t built like Lamar to entertain that.  I think both have been more lucky than not with that mindset. Weak conference and the easy section of the schedule help.  But you got to think it will bite them eventually more than it has to date.  Dudes get killed in the NFL with that mindset of holding thinking they can make a play.  Ward and Sanders would be destroyed by a NFL front playing that way.

their college coaches seem to be cool with it.   I just worry the habits set in.  But maybe if tasked with quick ball both could do that too.  

Caleb and Daniels did that in college too. It took Caleb several games to adjust. Daniels looks like a seasoned vet out there. It’s still a bit of a crap shoot, but Sanders and Ward have the physical ability to be great. I think that’s part of it. They are just more physically gifted than a lot of defenders they play so they can hold out for the big play. 

Just now, ForJimmy said:

I liked Fields (missed), Stroud (hit), and last year I didn’t have a favorite but I will admit I didn’t think Daniels would take off like this. He has been incredible. 

I can understand being off on a guy with the right qualifications. I don't claim to be able to pick the best one when it is close.

I wasn't all in on Cam because of that play calling system they had at Auburn with him, and my old school pocket QB values. But the 1st game that counted, I knew that was wrong.

Passing on Young was a gimme if you know the NFL game, and really even if you don't know it that well. I never for one second felt wrong on that one. 

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You win some, you lose some, but you live to fight another day.

Was wrong on Bryce, but damn I made up for it with Daniels the following year.

• Pie 1

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

You win some, you lose some, but you live to fight another day.

Was wrong on Bryce, but damn I made up for it with Daniels the following year.

I might argue that it takes a lot more than Daniels to make up for that lol. But I won't.

26 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

I think the only real QB option is Cam Ward IF he continues to ball out. The other QBs are hit or miss. I think Sanders has great potential but he and is father are a circus. If they want to come to the Panthers you would have to do due diligence. Wr from Arizona is good, Will Johnson from Michigan is good, DL Mason Graham is good. At this point, we just need talent. 

What possibly makes you think ward is a real option and everybody else is hit or miss?? Deion being shedeurs father doesn't make him a worse prospect. 

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I wouldn’t take a QB in the first round this year.  I have said we should wait until the college season plays out before we say it’s a weak class.  But it’s a weak class.

Lol...its a weak class every year.  It's only strong after everybody sees some results. Thats thr logic everybody follows now but won't say it out loud. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, CPF4LIFE said:

What possibly makes you think ward is a real option and everybody else is hit or miss?? Deion being shedeurs father doesn't make him a worse prospect. 

It might. The extreme selfish factor, ego, whatever it is...  if passed on, is not suited for a team leader which QB must be. 

Not saying that 100% of the time, it is like father like son, just mostly it is.