• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would You Get a QB in 2025 draft, or not??

Hoenheim

I don't follow college football closely so I can't really say much but it seems the '25 QB class isn't that good and we badly need some cornerstone players. If there are "sure-thing" (or as close to one it as you can get) defensive players at any position available at our pick I'd consider that, but would really love it if we could trade down and get a haul.

I've generally been of the mindset recently that we need to keep drafting a QB kinda high every 2-3 years until we hit on one, but the D so badly needs an infusion of some talent that I'd be ok postponing that plan this year and looking at QB in '26. Or maybe look at a QB in the 2nd round with that Rams pick we have.

1 hour ago, Hoenheim said:

Bit early for this question but we can all see how this season is trending. 

I thought this would be an interesting question. What would you personally do at QB in 2025 off-season? And what do you think the Panthers would do?

I would draft almost all defense and get a reasonable vet QB like Flacco or keep Dalton for the cheap. And keep building the team until we've demonstrated that were a playoff ish caliber team and ready to get a QB. 

And ideally we'd sit that QB like Packers do. 

What I expect. Is Canales will be pressured to get a QB in 2025. Maybe not in R1 but he could easily take one in R2 or R3. Especially if the QBs this year aren't expected to rank highly on draft boards (similar to the Pickett/Corall draft). 

He'll probably get his vet qb of his own choosing this off season as well.

What Minnesota is doing is interesting because Darnold is a Free Agent after this year. Either Darnold could come available or they keep him and trade off JJ McCarthy possibly.

The Darnold thought is very interestingl.

We need someone like Darnold, vet QB that can lead the team while the new QB sits and learns