• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would You Get a QB in 2025 draft, or not??

Hoenheim

Bit early for this question but we can all see how this season is trending. 

I thought this would be an interesting question. What would you personally do at QB in 2025 off-season? And what do you think the Panthers would do?

I would draft almost all defense and get a reasonable vet QB like Flacco or keep Dalton for the cheap. And keep building the team until we've demonstrated that were a playoff ish caliber team and ready to get a QB. 

And ideally we'd sit that QB like Packers do. 

What I expect. Is Canales will be pressured to get a QB in 2025. Maybe not in R1 but he could easily take one in R2 or R3. Especially if the QBs this year aren't expected to rank highly on draft boards (similar to the Pickett/Corall draft). 

He'll probably get his vet qb of his own choosing this off season as well.

What Minnesota is doing is interesting because Darnold is a Free Agent after this year. Either Darnold could come available or they keep him and trade off JJ McCarthy possibly.

Yes we have to keep trying which is why it’s important to continue to allow these young players to develop so we can surround a young QB with the supporting cast.  Depending on the QB I would absolutely let him sit behind Dalton for a year. 

We'll just have to see where we're drafting and who's available. I wouldn't force it and reach but at the end of the day especially with the rookie wage scale, if you don't have a franchise QB and there's a guy available that you think might have the potential to be a franchise QB then you pretty much have to draft him.

I think if the guy you want is there, take him. You can't miss if you take a QB high though. We have spent entirely too much money, too much draft capital on that spot. 

I would take BPA, and I would be very unmotivated to take a QB, as the miss rate on QB's is higher than other spots. My thought is DT, Edge, or a Spot in the Secondary early. Travis Hunter, Will Johnson, Mason Graham, or Mykel Williams.

If you take a QB you better be sure. 

• Pie 1

Ask me when college is over and we see what the pool looks like then. I'm for not putting yet another top pick into that game unless it is seriously a 'he can't miss' situation. 

Take one later, take two later, whatever. 

33 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

Hard to argue against it when you see the turnaround that happened immediately with the Texans and commanders and maybe the bears.

Not going to include the Bears here. They accrued far more assets then just a QB. Also the Texans had a defense. The Redskins will come back down to earth.

32 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

Hard to argue against it when you see the turnaround that happened immediately with the Texans and commanders and maybe the bears.

If only we had the stockpile of top picks like the Bears and Texans had or existing talent like Washington. Bears fleeced us and the Texans got lots of picks for Watson and pick 3 a few years ago (SF took Lance). Washington reminds me of Winston Tampa moving up to Brady. They’ve been a 7 to 9 win team every year except 2 since 2015. Just like Tampa was before Brady, decent talent but poo for QB.

I’d love to be starting with any of that but our only extra pick is a 5th and we are pretty devoid of future talent. I know we’ve discussed this in other recent threads but we are starting from almost scratch without extra tools. Gonna take a while unless we luck out on a QB.