• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If We Don't Win Another Game. Do We Make Any Trades??

Hoenheim

I don't know about paying Chuba. I definitely think Sanders looks better this year but he is still mostly dead weight. Too much money for what he offers.

What I don't like in this offseason of pumping up the offense is there is not a between the tackles ball carrier that can move a pile. 

Also, you think about this OL, which with all hands on deck is going to make average backs look good. Chuba has to know that if he stays he will have the blocking to run behind. So maybe he signs a friendly deal and we get Sanders off the payroll. 

But we must have a banger on the roster. 

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

We definitely need to avoid throwing out any high priced contracts at this point. We've never committed to a proper rebuild. Even this year we had Dan Morgan calling it a "retooling". Just maddening.

After the season you kick the tires with Chuba and see what he's looking for. Same with Johnson. Between the two I am more concerned with keeping Hubbard. I feel like he would be more likely to give us a little leeway. Diontae will absolutely be looking to get maximum value out of his contract and who can blame him? There will be no discount whatsoever. I like him and his potential but if we sign him to a big contract IMO there's a good chance we end up regretting it. That's nothing personal against Diontae. I just know my Panthers. It's what we do.

Everything going forward should be about getting more draft assets if possible  and drafting BPA. That's the only viable path to fixing this roster.

They should be feeling out all of those guys now and if they know they can't or shouldn't afford them in the offseason then move them for anything now because they are already gone. They have an elderly QB, no defense and I'm not sure they are building anything more than experience for most of the team. Getting any draft capital is a win for people who won't and shouldn't be here next year. They definitely need everything they can get in the draft to start the rebuild from another failed retooling. 

• Pie 1

I never understood let's trade our good player for a CHANCE to draft a good player...

Just keep your good guys and add more when your pick come up you can find good player in all rnds in the draft. Good scouting helps of course... 

9 hours ago, Tbe said:

Trading our best players every year is a big reason why this team is so bad.

Keep guys who perform. Build a culture of winning by rewarding success and not giving up even when things look bleak.

I mostly agree, but there trading someone who will likely not be back next year (Johnson), can be the right move.  

If someone bites on adam thielen I would. He won't be back next season and he's not helping us compete this year / taking away reps from XL and Mingo. 

I see Clowney being a popular trade deadline name 

I'd extend DJ and Horn right now if we could 

1 hour ago, NCBlu said:

I never understood let's trade our good player for a CHANCE to draft a good player...

Just keep your good guys and add more when your pick come up you can find good player in all rnds in the draft. Good scouting helps of course... 

I would put the guys under contract for next year or beyond, in the keep them category. When they aren't under contract and you just let them go for nothing... not as good.