• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If We Don't Win Another Game. Do We Make Any Trades??

Hoenheim

I'm curious as to what you think about this. You think we trade off any players before the deadline if we keep losing? Or will we be quiet and just sit on the draft picks we have.

If you think it will happen, who will be traded and for what value? 

We currently have 9 draft picks. The 2nd rounder from the Rams is looking pretty good right now. Most of our draft picks are mid-late rounders though.

Screenshot_20241014_083332_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Hoenheim

Trading our best players every year is a big reason why this team is so bad.

Keep guys who perform. Build a culture of winning by rewarding success and not giving up even when things look bleak.

• Pie 6

6 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Keep guys who perform. Build a culture of winning by rewarding success and not giving up even when things look bleak.

Would you really be willing to throw a blank check at Diontae Johnson tho for example?

Could backfire badly and you let him walk for free.  They should sign him literally right now because he'll just get expensive in the off season. Or just decide to go elsewhere if we keep losing.

Would you pay big bucks to Chubba and Diontae and Horn??? I doubt we keep all 3 realistically.  

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Would you pay big bucks to Chubba and Diontae and Horn??? I doubt we keep all 3 realistically.

Define big bucks. Pay them fair market value based on current and projected performance. This false premise that you can’t retain your best players is just nonsense, especially when they’re at totally different positions. 

They need to see if they can get Diontae to agree to a reasonable long term deal or try to trade him if not.

Horn deserves to be paid if he continues to show he can stay healthy and perform. 

Chuba can be signed to a deal that you could move away from in 3 years when hopefully Brooks can take over as the premier back. 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Would you really be willing to throw a blank check at Diontae Johnson tho for example?

Could backfire badly and you let him walk for free.  They should sign him literally right now because he'll just get expensive in the off season. Or just decide to go elsewhere if we keep losing.

95% chance Diontae will walk after this season. Horn…who knows.

However, trading any of these guys now is a signal to the rest of the locker room that the org has thrown in the towel…again.

We need to move away from that kind of attitude. It doesn’t work.

• Pie 4

This team has a serious lack of talent in almost every position.

Our best players have little to no trade value.  It looks as if we have a few decent pieces on offense to work with.  Let’s try developing what little we have, backfill using Free Agency, then try to draft some studs.

Now if another Dionte Johnson/Mike Jackson type trade should present itself then sure, but otherwise we need to be more frugal with our assets.

53 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Drafting poorly and wasting that capital is why they have a talentless roster. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

95% chance Diontae will walk after this season. Horn…who knows.

However, trading any of these guys now is a signal to the rest of the locker room that the org has thrown in the towel…again.

We need to move away from that kind of attitude. It doesn’t work.

I agree to an extent but if we keep losing, and that’s a real possibility with the mounting injuries and defensive struggles, there’s a good chance DJ won’t be making plans to stick around beyond this season. In that case, I say we definitely should consider trading him for by the deadline. Let’s face it - it’s going to take some time to build this team into a winner. We’re not just a player or two away either. What’s the use of holding onto a valuable player who may not be around after this year anyway when we could possibly net draft capital that will help our team in the long run?

1 hour ago, Prowler2k18 said:

I agree to an extent but if we keep losing, and that’s a real possibility with the mounting injuries and defensive struggles, there’s a good chance DJ won’t be making plans to stick around beyond this season. In that case, I say we definitely should consider trading him for by the deadline. Let’s face it - it’s going to take some time to build this team into a winner. We’re not just a player or two away either. What’s the use of holding onto a valuable player who may not be around after this year anyway when we could possibly net draft capital that will help our team in the long run?

I get that, but this team will lose all hope if we do that. 

I don’t know if we’ll get more wins, but we at least need to be fighting for them. 

Is an extra 4th round pick worth what that trade will do to that locker room?

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

Drafting poorly and wasting that capital is why they have a talentless roster. 

It’s definitely a big part of it.

Drafting is always a crap shoot though.

Trading a good player for a 20% chance of drafting another good player is usually dumb.

The rams got to two superbowls with the ‘F@&k draft picks’ mentality.

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

It’s definitely a big part of it.

Drafting is always a crap shoot though.

Trading a good player for a 20% chance of drafting another good player is usually dumb.

The rams got to two superbowls with the ‘F@&k draft picks’ mentality.

Fitterer also had that mentality and it didn't get us anywhere 

• Beer 1