• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We're not far away

On offense, we really just need a better qb, although Dalton has played fairly well.  We will need to resign or replace Johnson and I hope XL can continue to progress.   The running game is effective might get better when Brooks can play.

The defense needs a lot though.  Hopefully the young guys will improve and we can bring in some better players in the offseason.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

injuries on defense have been the big killer for us. that said, i do think that we need to go heavy on defense next year, even with whatever high first round pick we get.

Don't draft a QB next year. keep Dalton, add another vet that Canales can work with. 

wait till '26 to get the QB if we're going that route. and get Nico.

I'm supporting all things Nico! Kid can't be sped up, crazy accurate and hard worker. He should be polished in two years. If we drafted defense heavy next year, resigned some guys, a couple of crafty free agent moves, the team would be ready for that franchise QB in 26. 

• Pie 1

We are on pace for a -283 point differential, which would be the 2nd worst all-time.  The only team ahead would be the expansion 1976 Bucs

"We're not far away" lol.  I'm not trying to be overly negative but this team is so far away it ain't even funny.

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 1

6 hours ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

Watching yesterdays games I'm convinced that we are in a better position than teams like the Jaguars, Cowboys etc that are trying to build around Mid QBs that they've overpaid, and its just a waste of everybody's time. In todays NFL you need a top 8 QB and above average team around them, or a perfect team around a mid QB. The Jags are going to waste another 3 years convinced that Lawrence is a Top QB but he is mid.  Dallas might move on sooner. Our season is a complete success in that we know we have to find another QB next year in the draft. We won't waste any more time, meaning we are by default closer to finding our next franchise QB.

Another thing about yesterdays game, the talent on the offense isn't bad. Johnson looks like he can be a number 1. I've liked Legette thus far, all things considered. This offense with a Plus starter at QB would be at the very least fun to watch again. If the FO spends resources on the defense that unit should be closer to average next year. This division will be ass  as the Bucs get older, the Saints cap finally explodes. The Falcons future hinges on an oft injured unknown prospect at QB. I think we can get a better QB in the 2025 draft. We're one pick away.

Clyde Schwartz Gossip: Did Shedeur Sanders Transfer To Colorado

Who are the 8 qbs better than Trevor and Dak? 

6 hours ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

The Redskins defense has been horrible this year too. They have a difference making at QB. 

Who should we take in the CAR v WAS game next week, straight up?

Honestly, it could go either way, but would love to get another W if WAS is bad

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

100%. We are a very long ways from being a contending team and a substantial distance from being a winning team.

People continue to underestimate how terrible this roster is(and was before the season even started). I have no idea how they keep their heads so firmly in the sand on this. It's perplexing.

As you said, we have to even get to the point where we are competent enough to even draft well. I am extremely skeptical of that. We will see what happens.

I have been listening to your continual skepticism. If Legette, Wallace and JB (who should have the easiest path) turn out to be legit starters, that's a damned good draft. Coker, though undrafted, would just be icing on the cake. JT Sanders could still carve out a starting role as well, which would make 2024 an extraordinary draft. Coaching will play a part in all this, but I'd still say that the needle is moving up, not down for our youngsters.

22 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The bottom is just in sight.

I would say, "The bottom is still in sight." In my mind that's more accurate, relative to the play I've seen from our draftees and the acquisitions, but it also makes me feel better. Admittedly some of the key acquisitions this season don't have to be here next year, but at least we know that they can spot guys that can help, like DJ and Robinson.

Edited by TD alt

54 minutes ago, TD alt said:

I would say, "The bottom is still in sight." In my mind that's more accurate, relative to the play I've seen from our draftees and the acquisitions, but it also makes me feel better. Admittedly some of the key acquisitions this season don't have to be here next year, but at least we know that they can spot guys that can help, like DJ and Robinson.

Dan did ok in FA for what he had to work with. I'm sure it's hard to get anyone with options to sign here. It whip be for awhile. But we had to field a full team so it is full of replacements right now. His drafting will take a year or two to flesh out the whole value of those selections. The drafts will make or break his success. Oh, and not making stupid trades or contract extensions.