• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We're not far away

45 minutes ago, Waldo said:

They can't afford even a decent QB in free agency and if they get a guy on a prove it year then they still should draft a QB. We will also be picking really high. If you don't let your OC HC draft his QB in that situation then just burn it all down and let different people do this thing. 

If it was a defensive HC I could see trading back and building the D up but that's not this situation. Go take a swing at a rookie QB, see what Canales can do with his pick of the litter and hopefully check off the most important position by far and that isn't debatable. If you have a vet on a prove it deal then a project not playing right away is also fine. 

You are assuming there's going to be a qb rated that high. What little I've seen of the names being thrown around I'm not so sure there's a 1st rounder among them let alone in the top 5. Maybe that will change as the college season plays out but right now there's no amount of hype going to make them top picks they way i see it.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

You are assuming there's going to be a qb rated that high. What little I've seen of the names being thrown around I'm not so sure there's a 1st rounder among them let alone in the top 5. Maybe that will change as the college season plays out but right now there's no amount of hype going to make them top picks they eay i see it.

Well we have old man Dalton and Bust Young as our 2 QB options. We pretty much have to look in FA or the draft for a QB. I wouldnt go into next season with only those 2 options, but then again I wouldnt have done that this season either. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Well we have old man Dalton and Bust Young as our 2 QB options. We pretty much have to look in FA or the draft for a QB. I wouldnt go into next season with only those 2 options, but then again I wouldnt have done that this season either. 

I doubt they stay status quo on qb. Of course it will come down to who's available and at what cost. It's impossible for me to believe the Young will get another shot here. It would be another exercise in futility that I don't think anyone wants to see again. There will some sort of competition brought in. Whether its a journeyman vet or a shot at a draft pick is yet to be seen. Dalton may or may not want to resign here if he has any other options. 

Yeah on the QBs, we have seen how bad it is if you force it just because you don't like what you have and think well we have to take this guy because maybe we don't pick this high again.... but you will be picking that high again when you do that poo. 

We have to learn to keep our powder dry and wait for the right shot. Have some nerve.  Not the foolhardy damn the torpedoes shoot for the moon crap they have using as their template. That could mean suffering through another uncertain season but the alternative is not preferable to me. 

47 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I doubt they stay status quo on qb. Of course it will come down to who's available and at what cost. It's impossible for me to believe the Young will get another shot here. It would be another exercise in futility that I don't think anyone wants to see again. There will some sort of competition brought in. Whether its a journeyman vet or a shot at a draft pick is yet to be seen. Dalton may or may not want to resign here if he has any other options. 

Those guys didn't grade Byrce as a 3rd rounder so I don't really care what the 'experts' are spewing.

The only QBs i have peeked at are Ward and Sanders. Both will get an NFL shot higher. There are also a couple of intriguing non first rounders. I'd still bet on 2 QBs at the top.

Dalton is at his end. I don't see how more of that is an answer.