• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We're not far away

10 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

Unrealistic? Damn, take those rose colored glasses off. Wallace isn’t Luke but he’s played as well as TD, Beason and Morgan?

Legette has been better than Mingo/TMJ thankfully but I don’t think he’s popped like a few of the top WRs have. He’s 10th in rookie receiving yards which isn’t bad but he’s not exceeding his draft slot. He’s also one of two rookies in the top 10 in yards that is already 23. The others are around 1.5 to 2+ years younger.

I’m happy that Legette doesn’t look like our normal picks but you are being more unrealistic about where they are already.

Dude, they've only had scant opportunity, and, yes, Wallace has played very well. His first week starting, he lead the team in tackling with 15 tackles (10 solo), and this past Sunday he had 9 tackles (6 solo) and one forced fumble and a fumble recovery. I don't know what more you want a rookie to do; Hell, any player.

Edited by TD alt
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

43 minutes ago, TD alt said:

Dude, they've only had scant opportunity, and, yes, Wallace has played very well. His first week starting, he lead the team in tackling with 15 tackles (10 solo), and this past Sunday he had 9 tackles (6 solo) and one forced fumble and a fumble recovery. I don't know what more you want a rookie to do; Hell, any player.

Wallace was saddled with a lot more than what was ideal. They were working him in but then bang, guess what Trevin, you are starting this week. And oh yeah, you are going to need to make the defensive calls too. 

If he could just play and have someone else handling all the extra mental stuff of the calls and lining people up, he would probably be showing better. I am not down on him at all. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, Clicheking said:

For the love of God please don't draft a QB early. From the look of things we'll probably have a top 5 pick

Trade back and use the picks to build this this team up, particularly the defense.

Then, who is our QB? At some point, we're going to have to draft and hit on one. I dislike trading prime draft capital to move up and take a QB. If one that's worth a damn is there, you have to take him in my opinion. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, TD alt said:

Then, who is our QB? At some point, we're going to have to draft and hit on one. I dislike trading prime draft capital to move up and take a QB. If one that's worth a damn is there, you have to take him in my opinion. 

We've painted ourselves into a really dark corner.  I mean if you roll with Dalton in 2025 then you are telling the fans we are punting on the season.   It's a weird spot for sure

• Beer 2

I don’t know that we need to call it mandatory. If the Right guy is there then okay sure. Even though I really do not want to have to do that. Again. 

I have this quiet hope that having been around the league enough Canales will have a couple of guys he has been admiring.. that may be blocked or just in the wrong situation. 

I guess the main thing I want to avoid is another sacred cow that we have invested so much in that they won’t allow him to fail or to be challenged for the job. 

30 minutes ago, strato said:

I don’t know that we need to call it mandatory. If the Right guy is there then okay sure. Even though I really do not want to have to do that. Again. 

I have this quiet hope that having been around the league enough Canales will have a couple of guys he has been admiring.. that may be blocked or just in the wrong situation. 

I guess the main thing I want to avoid is another sacred cow that we have invested so much in that they won’t allow him to fail or to be challenged for the job. 

I mean, Ward, Milroe and possibly Ewers and Beck. If we're picking top seven, it seems like someone's gonna be there. We just have to decide if any of them are franchise QB material (i.e., the real deal).

• Pie 1

You know that people are going to be gunning for Hunter and T-mac as well. Not to mention whatever lineman or EDGE is up there in the rankings. I haven't done a lot of homework, except on Ward, Sanders and Hunter. I didn't have to do any on Milroe. I've seen him beat the Dawgs twice.

45 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

We've painted ourselves into a really dark corner.  I mean if you roll with Dalton in 2025 then you are telling the fans we are punting on the season.   It's a weird spot for sure

Yeah, but no rookie QB is gonna come in here and turn this team around so just roll with the vet. Should be drafting BPA only in the first 3 rounds. The only positions I wouldn't draft before the 4th round are offensive guard and running back. If QB is the actual BPA, then get him. But DO NOT force the pick for need. 

• Beer 1

Drafting will be key to this rebuild.

FAs (as we've already seen) have to be massively overpaid to be convinced to come here. 

Therefore, stacking draft capital and making good picks is paramount. So far, I've yet to see any standouts from this last draft. So not sure what Morgan's long-term potential as a drafting GM is.

Hopefully he took away literally nothing from his previous boss, or this purgatory may last a generation.

20 minutes ago, TD alt said:

I mean, Ward, Milroe and possibly Ewers and Beck. If we're picking top seven, it seems like someone's gonna be there. We just have to decide if any of them are franchise QB material (i.e., the real deal).

I haven’t looked enough to go Bryce negative on Milroe but what I saw against S Carolina the other day said no thank you to any costly gamble on him. Get a game wrecker for the defense  

The others I haven’t looked. Won’t really look at any of them until they finish their games for the year. I want no preconceptions no fan feelings no selling me off of one good game.
If Tepper allows Canales to make the call I may investigate but what’s the point if the owner is making the pick again. 

30 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Yeah, but no rookie QB is gonna come in here and turn this team around so just roll with the vet. Should be drafting BPA only in the first 3 rounds. The only positions I wouldn't draft before the 4th round are offensive guard and running back. If QB is the actual BPA, then get him. But DO NOT force the pick for need. 

I think I’d prefer a vet and start taking Rattler level guys where you can find them and maybe develop one. 
Also, treat the defense like they have treated the offense the last two years. I know that’s impossible without future draft picks given up but maybe they could try. 

They can't afford even a decent QB in free agency and if they get a guy on a prove it year then they still should draft a QB. We will also be picking really high. If you don't let your OC HC draft his QB in that situation then just burn it all down and let different people do this thing. 

If it was a defensive HC I could see trading back and building the D up but that's not this situation. Go take a swing at a rookie QB, see what Canales can do with his pick of the litter and hopefully check off the most important position by far and that isn't debatable. If you have a vet on a prove it deal then a project not playing right away is also fine.