• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We're not far away

Watching yesterdays games I'm convinced that we are in a better position than teams like the Jaguars, Cowboys etc that are trying to build around Mid QBs that they've overpaid, and its just a waste of everybody's time. In todays NFL you need a top 8 QB and above average team around them, or a perfect team around a mid QB. The Jags are going to waste another 3 years convinced that Lawrence is a Top QB but he is mid.  Dallas might move on sooner. Our season is a complete success in that we know we have to find another QB next year in the draft. We won't waste any more time, meaning we are by default closer to finding our next franchise QB.

Another thing about yesterdays game, the talent on the offense isn't bad. Johnson looks like he can be a number 1. I've liked Legette thus far, all things considered. This offense with a Plus starter at QB would be at the very least fun to watch again. If the FO spends resources on the defense that unit should be closer to average next year. This division will be ass  as the Bucs get older, the Saints cap finally explodes. The Falcons future hinges on an oft injured unknown prospect at QB. I think we can get a better QB in the 2025 draft. We're one pick away.

Clyde Schwartz Gossip: Did Shedeur Sanders Transfer To Colorado

• Pie 3
  • Poo 2

A good QB on a rookie contract would fix a lot of things. Not enough to make this team a contender obviously but enough to be more competitive and build around. That's the 2 year swing in the NFL. Get a good QB and build around him and you can turn it around dramatically in 2 years.

• Beer 1

We are light years away from being "good". If you are happy with mediocre, then maybe two or three productive drafts and a few quality FA signings  will get CLOSE to a .500 type team. 

Edited by Jmac
  • Beer 2

We're better than we think we are right now, and had we only had about half the injuries on defense we're carrying, we'd likely have won that game yesterday. 

That being said, don't start with the Sanders crap. That guy will be a cancer to whatever team he ends up on. And, as much as I've loved his Dad's work and antics over the years, no one is going to survive him on the sidelines.

Want to fix this team? Drop our first pick on the best Edge rusher in the draft, our next one on a DB and find a full back to ease into the system.

We've got most of the right personnel, if they could stay healthy. Lock in that DE and DB, keep Dalton for another season and start looking at his eventual replacement/apprentice. 

• Pie 5

We're not one player away, not even close. And for the life of me, I have no idea why people are so confident Morgan can fix this mess. He’s been part of the team that turned this franchise into an absolute dumpster fire, but he now has the keys to the car and you think he’s going to fix it? lol Everything this franchise does is ass backwards.

• Beer 2

31 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Our best two players on offence leave in the offseason and our defence is an abomination.

We're years away - and that's if we can get our house in order and actually draft well, which is a long shot.

100%. We are a very long ways from being a contending team and a substantial distance from being a winning team.

People continue to underestimate how terrible this roster is(and was before the season even started). I have no idea how they keep their heads so firmly in the sand on this. It's perplexing.

As you said, we have to even get to the point where we are competent enough to even draft well. I am extremely skeptical of that. We will see what happens.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, Sir Big Spurr said:

We're not one player away, not even close. And for the life of me, I have no idea why people are so confident Morgan can fix this mess. He’s been part of the team that turned this franchise into an absolute dumpster fire, but he now has the keys to the car and you think he’s going to fix it? lol Everything this franchise does is ass backwards.

Much has been said about the improvement to our offensive line but it has been to the detriment of the rest of the roster. And even then with one of the most expensive OL's in the league and an offensive minded head coach we can only muster 2 touchdowns and 2 field goals at home against the Falcons who seem like they've had a mostly mediocre to shitty defense for years now.

Anyone giving Morgan or the front office as a whole credit for anything as of right now is a simp. We are not even gum on the bottom of a shoe to the rest of our division. We are a complete joke from top to bottom.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

Watching yesterdays games I'm convinced that we are in a better position than teams like the Jaguars, Cowboys etc that are trying to build around Mid QBs that they've overpaid, and its just a waste of everybody's time. In todays NFL you need a top 8 QB and above average team around them, or a perfect team around a mid QB. The Jags are going to waste another 3 years convinced that Lawrence is a Top QB but he is mid.  Dallas might move on sooner. Our season is a complete success in that we know we have to find another QB next year in the draft. We won't waste any more time, meaning we are by default closer to finding our next franchise QB.

Another thing about yesterdays game, the talent on the offense isn't bad. Johnson looks like he can be a number 1. I've liked Legette thus far, all things considered. This offense with a Plus starter at QB would be at the very least fun to watch again. If the FO spends resources on the defense that unit should be closer to average next year. This division will be ass  as the Bucs get older, the Saints cap finally explodes. The Falcons future hinges on an oft injured unknown prospect at QB. I think we can get a better QB in the 2025 draft. We're one pick away.

I like Sanders but I am not sure I want the headache that comes with Deion Sanders. There are several QBs in the 2025 draft class that might be a better fit but, it's too soon to start guessing. 

I think we are more than one pick away. I am optimistic about the future.  The effort piece is there. I think our schemes and play calling are good on both sides of the ball. 

That said, this roster was already struggling, and massive injury concerns on the defensive side. We need help on the defensive line badly, preferably at the edge, but even another good DT would help.  

Derrick Brown and Jaycee Horn have been two of the best players at their position in the NFL the past couple of years. I'd love to see them play some games at the same time. 

For the first time in ages, I do think we are moving in the right direction. But I'm not sure I'd take a QB just yet. 

1 hour ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

You are high or drink and quite possibly both and it's way too early in the morning for that