• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chuba Hubbard......

kungfoodude

You know though, we ran the ball well but that wasn’t enough without some chunk pass plays, which we had. 

We got fuged hard by Icky doing two false starts in the 1st quarter I think. Maybe it was just one then but he had another. And Zavala too. 
You have to throw then. 
And 77 the ROT was not very good run or pass. Slow. People were cutting across his face. 

That pass to Thomas… man. Bad route, poor throw, worse decision. Can’t argue that. I just watched again.  

40 minutes ago, strato said:

You know though, we ran the ball well but that wasn’t enough without some chunk pass plays, which we had. 

We got fuged hard by Icky doing two false starts in the 1st quarter I think. Maybe it was just one then but he had another. And Zavala too. 
You have to throw then. 
And 77 the ROT was not very good run or pass. Slow. People were cutting across his face. 

That pass to Thomas… man. Bad route, poor throw, worse decision. Can’t argue that. I just watched again.  

All of that plus the punt block.

21 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

All of that plus the punt block.

Oh yeah, how could I forget that I just watched it again. That was some ole’ level whiffing. 
We have so many blown pickups where guys just run free - it is unacceptable. Someone is just standing there watching them run by. Oops. “I didn’t know I was supposed to block that guy”. 

4 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

We're not real good at this "modern" game. Maybe it's time we zagged rather than zigged with current trends. 

Maybe I'm a neandertal but I prefer smash mouth football that dictates the pace to the opponent. Ball control rushing attack with play action passing, solid use of tight ends and a dedicated lead blocker who also has good hands. On defense, I prefer the 4-3.

Yeah, I mean I understand the attraction.

I don't really particularly care what version of winning/success we choose. If we want it to be a high flying passing offense, a balanced attack or a smash mouth running attack. Or, even better, maybe just some good old fashioned changing it up based on the opponent you play. 

I just want to win again. That's what I really want. Even this year. I don't care about the #1 overall pick. We are still gonna end up in the top 5-10 regardless of how many of these winnable games we take. There shouldn't be an excuse for not grabbing 1-2 QUALITY starters with that kind of capital.

• Beer 1

52 minutes ago, strato said:

Oh yeah, how could I forget that I just watched it again. That was some ole’ level whiffing. 
We have so many blown pickups where guys just run free - it is unacceptable. Someone is just standing there watching them run by. Oops. “I didn’t know I was supposed to block that guy”. 

It hasn't happened often but it seems to happen at the most inopportune times. 

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It hasn't happened often but it seems to happen at the most inopportune times. 

Not as much as last year, but we are just getting started. 

They will probably be better with some more reps as a unit. More film more correcting.