• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chuba Hubbard......

kungfoodude

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Maybe not but it's a little ridiculous to be celebrating what Harbaugh has done at this point.  He's playing Harbaugh ball.  The same style of ball that every person on this board wanted to run out of town for years.  He's made the defense a lot better and the offense sucks.  It's probably not going to look all that great down the stretch.  This is 8-9 win ball.

That Harbaugh ball has also done very well in his previous NFL stops and in Baltimore.

I'll take that over whatever you think is successful.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Hence why I say it came down to a few errors and some key mistakes. 

I will also point out on that first Dalton INT we were absolutely cutting through them in the running game. IMO, especially late, keep thumping them when they are the most tired.

We aren't built to be a high flying offense, BTW. Literally we are not.

I remember it being noted that the Atlanta D was wearing down. That sucked. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Hence why I say it came down to a few errors and some key mistakes. 

I will also point out on that first Dalton INT we were absolutely cutting through them in the running game. IMO, especially late, keep thumping them when they are the most tired.

We aren't built to be a high flying offense, BTW. Literally we are not.

I believe in that drive we were running it.  I mean you sprinkle in a few passes to keep the defense honest.  That's just part of the game.  They should compliment each other.  It was just a terrible throw with their CB1 on our 4th round TE...

Just now, kungfoodude said:

That Harbaugh ball has also done very well in his previous NFL stops and in Baltimore.

I wanted Harbaugh as much as anybody but you're talking about a coach with 0 Super Bowl rings that's beat the Panthers, Raiders, and Broncos so far.  It's a bit premature to use as a point.  Wow if we had a completely different roster we could be .500.  Great.

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

You need a good defense for that style of ball.  Both of them like to lean on their defense.  Our defense is complete ass right now...  Both are solid coaches but we don't have to players to do what they do yet. 

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I just don't understand how you can think we are 5+ years away from competing AND simultaneously take the position that 2-5 more carries for Chuba Hubbard is gonna change our fate.  Which is it?

No team is 5 plus years away.  You can build a decent roster in 3 years, but you need to draft right and be smart with your FA signings.  The Texans did it fast as did the Lions recently.  

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I believe in that drive we were running it.  I mean you sprinkle in a few passes to keep the defense honest.  That's just part of the game.  They should compliment each other.  It was just a terrible throw with their CB1 on our 4th round TE...

Not a bad throw, bad decision and bad route. Mingo was open and that was the only real place to go with the ball, that ie throw it away. Well, same thing, really.

But there were a lot of errors before that one that led to us being down in the game. I just personally would have kept rocking them because they were gassed.

7 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I wanted Harbaugh as much as anybody but you're talking about a coach with 0 Super Bowl rings that's beat the Panthers, Raiders, and Broncos so far.  It's a bit premature to use as a point.  Wow if we had a completely different roster we could be .500.  Great.

It's not premature because it was an example about changing the way you play to help the defense. That did happen there.

Go re-read that. You inserted your own meaning.

6 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I just don't understand how you can think we are 5+ years away from competing AND simultaneously take the position that 2-5 more carries for Chuba Hubbard is gonna change our fate.  Which is it?

So you still want to win a game or two more or are you planning on trotting out there, shaking hands at the coin flip and then going back to the buses?

Play To Win New York Jets GIF

Just because I acknowledge we are years of building away from being above .500 doesn't mean I don't want to win.

Did you stop wanting to win?

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

No team is 5 plus years away.  You can build a decent roster in 3 years, but you need to draft right and be smart with your FA signings.  The Texans did it fast as did the Lions recently.  

Well they also started from a higher tier than we did in terms of overall talent. Also happened to hire competent people to build those teams. That's pretty questionable here.

We should see what happened there first. You keep acquiring and stockpiling talent, you start to be surprisingly competitive and then you make ths big leap with a few key additions. 

We haven't even made the first of those steps yet. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Not a bad throw, bad decision and bad route. Mingo was open and that was the only real place to go with the ball, that ie throw it away. Well, same thing, really.

But there were a lot of errors before that one that led to us being down in the game. I just personally would have kept rocking them because they were gassed.

The decision is what makes the throw bad lol.  I don't mean the physical throw was wabbly or weak but it was a bad decision thus a bad throw.  You can see Terrell right in front of Thomas (not Sanders my bad) plus I believe a safety was right behind him.  I see 4 white jerseys all around a TE who can't even catch the ball regardless and it completely blanketed by Terrell.  It's a bad throw...  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjuIHuCypEo

• Beer 1

Does anyone want to see the team go run first forever or just this year? I was assuming that is just damage control for the many errors that put the team where it is and not a desired long term strategy. Run heavy if you stink, have a rookie or just match up well that way. Sunday was 2 of those things was always my take. 

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

A young QB on a rookie deal without a mega trade is a giant start. It's a 5 year cheap window to build the hell out of the team like using a cheat code. Then shave away to afford the QB when you see how to do it and still win. Freaking KC did it with cheap WRs lol. Anyways, if you miss try again. Washington is this year's winner. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well they also started from a higher tier than we did in terms of overall talent. Also happened to hire competent people to build those teams. That's pretty questionable here.

We should see what happened there first. You keep acquiring and stockpiling talent, you start to be surprisingly competitive and then you make ths big leap with a few key additions. 

We haven't even made the first of those steps yet. 

The right moves and we are a few years away.  You can paint it however you want.  Obviously if we make bad moves it takes longer, but teams in today's NFL can flip it pretty quick.  It starts with XL, Coker, Wallace, and Brooks developing and giving us some foundation.  We also need our top pick this year to be a success.  We need BPA and he needs to some a franchise cornerstone.  That should be expected in the top 5 which is where we are drafting.