• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chuba Hubbard......

kungfoodude

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Until you get behind.  Opposing teams will love to have a nice lead and us milk the clock for them.  Makes their job easier.  The problem is our offense isn't nearly good enough for shootouts either.  It's just a mess all around.  

That would be a valid example for most games that weren't versus Falcons.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, strato said:

I would temper that with our defense isn't good enough for shootouts either, more than our offense even. 

They are shoot downs, in cold blood. If we score 30 we aren't winning. That's about horrible.

Dalton, the WR lineup he came into, the OL that was together, we could score points. We had no WR depth really, that really fuged us.

If you are getting stomped, you have to start getting pass happy. That's also football 101. And that gas happened versus three of our six opponents. The other three games were not that.

I think we have a lot of fans that assume we get stomped from gate to gate each week because, well, they are Panthers fans.

The fact of the matter is that our offense is technically built to rush the ball. It is the strength. 

Our defense also needs a ball control offense because...they stink.

You want a good example of the difference this can make? Look at the current Harbaugh Chargers versus the previous years with Herbert.

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

If you are getting stomped, you have to start getting pass happy. That's also football 101. And that gas happened versus three of our six opponents. The other three games were not that.

I think we have a lot of fans that assume we get stomped from gate to gate each week because, well, they are Panthers fans.

The fact of the matter is that our offense is technically built to rush the ball. It is the strength. 

You want a good example of the difference this can make? Look at the current Harbaugh Chargers versus the previous years with Herbert.

From 2-3 to 3-2.  Absolutely transformational lol

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That would be a valid example for most games that weren't versus Falcons.

Until the end.  It's also misleading because we had to pass to open up the running game.  They stacked the box and Chuba was average 3.2 YPA a good way through the first half.  We actually had success with it too.  DJ was giving Terrell a run for his money.  Our gameplan wasn't terrible.  We had a punt blocked, Andy's first pick was a dumb pass, and we had a holding penalty ruin a good drive sucking away momentum.  Holding penalties happen, but the first 2 things are what ruin games, especially with a shaky defense.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

What's a shootout these days? Mid 30s? 40s? Saints gave up 50. Asses kicked with a legit 27 points on the board. 

I don't know what to think anymore. I am an old school football fan that doesn't need those kinds of offensive displays to enjoy a game, but that seems to have passed me by. 

I fuging loved Foxball to be honest. Ball control and bad ass defense. It wouldn't hurt me if the league's pendulum took us back there. 

Just now, strato said:

What's a shootout these days? Mid 30s? 40s? Saints gave up 50. Asses kicked with a legit 27 points on the board. 

I don't know what to think anymore. I am an old school football fan that doesn't need those kinds of offensive displays to enjoy a game, but that seems to have passed me by. 

I fuging loved Foxball to be honest. Ball control and bad ass defense. It wouldn't hurt me if the league's pendulum took us back there. 

Gambling, fantasy football, and fans in general prefer offense.  The league is going to keep making rules to favor the offense.  

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Gambling, fantasy football, and fans in general prefer offense.  The league is going to keep making rules to favor the offense.  

Obviously. Shudder to think of what they (rules committee) will do in reaction to low passing stats early this season. 

Edited by strato

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think this will age well. 

Maybe not but it's a little ridiculous to be celebrating what Harbaugh has done at this point.  He's playing Harbaugh ball.  The same style of ball that every person on this board wanted to run out of town for years.  He's made the defense a lot better and the offense sucks.  It's probably not going to look all that great down the stretch.  This is 8-9 win ball.

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Until the end.  It's also misleading because we had to pass to open up the running game.  They stacked the box and Chuba was average 3.2 YPA a good way through the first half.  We actually had success with it too.  DJ was giving Terrell a run for his money.  Our gameplan wasn't terrible.  We had a punt blocked, Andy's first pick was a dumb pass, and we had a holding penalty ruin a good drive sucking away momentum.  Holding penalties happen, but the first 2 things are what ruin games, especially with a shaky defense.

Hence why I say it came down to a few errors and some key mistakes. 

I will also point out on that first Dalton INT we were absolutely cutting through them in the running game. IMO, especially late, keep thumping them when they are the most tired.

We aren't built to be a high flying offense, BTW. Literally we are not.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Defense went from 24 to 1 in points allowed and offense from 21 to 26 in points scored.

Also looking at such a small sample size the schedule matters.  Denver, Carolina, Pitt, and LV aren't going to score many points.  Holding the Chiefs to 17 is good, but their offense isn't what it has been in the past.  Last year's group features Miami, Minnesota, and Dallas who had good offenses.