• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chuba Hubbard......

kungfoodude

37 minutes ago, Waldo said:

20 to 25. Just run the damn ball. It's obviously a team that is built for the run to setup the pass but the HC still thinks it's the other way around.

When he first came in he said something to the effect that fans would be frustrated with his commitment to the run, so far I'm frustrated with the lack of commitment. We finally have a OL that can create running lanes, not sure why we continue to sling the ball.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

20 minutes ago, Jackofalltrades said:

When he first came in he said something to the effect that fans would be frustrated with his commitment to the run, so far I'm frustrated with the lack of commitment. We finally have a OL that can create running lanes, not sure why we continue to sling the ball.

He was always a throw first guy. He didn't run enough in Tampa either. It's an ongoing issue with him and his style IMO.

• Beer 1

Chuba has been excellent and has earned the right to be listed among the really good running backs in this league right now. Major respect for the young man and he is something that keeps getting better. Someone needs to be working on that contract for him right now.

And, we need a real, dedicated, punch them in the mouth, fullback on this team. 

• Beer 3

15 minutes ago, t96 said:

I do agree but it’s hard to commit to the run when you know the D is going to allow 30+ points a game

Yeah but that is how you control the pace of the game, wear them down and break up their rhythm.

Remember when Wilks did this? That should be what a lot of our gameplans against teams like Atlanta look like. They have bad run defense. Punish them for that.

poo, Atlanta wants to pass too but they were smart enough to keep punishing our bad rush defense.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Chuba has been excellent and has earned the right to be listed among the really good running backs in this league right now. Major respect for the young man and he is something that keeps getting better. Someone needs to be working on that contract for him right now.

I mean, we can put a TE back there, another RB, or even another OL. There are ways to get this accomplished but we have to want to do it.

The biggest issue I see is that Canales cares less about designing the most effective gameplan than largely running the scheme the way he wants it.

That could be problematic going forward. It's not that we aren't a decent enough offense in some ways but we sometimes ignore our strengths for long stretches. 

• Pie 2

Chuba has developed and worked so hard. I am so impressed with him. 

But teams with all the needs we have can't give a RB a 2nd contract. He's going to go play well somewhere for a few years, and it's going to sting. I won't be mad if we sign him at the right price, but we have to be smart here. 

• Pie 1

The real question is whether Chubba gets resigned in the off season or not...

Would be nice to sign him to a reasonable deal and pair him up with Brooks for the foreseeable future. But IDK if he's taking any discounts or even wants to come back to Carolina. This might be the only off season where he can get a real bag and I doubted that would be coming from the Panthers after drafting Brooks.

Our priority this off season will probably be locking Horn and possibly Diontae Johsnson up imo. 

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

Not going to see a FB with DC's offense. 

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, we can put a TE back there, another RB, or even another OL. There are ways to get this accomplished but we have to want to do it.

The biggest issue I see is that Canales cares less about designing the most effective gameplan than largely running the scheme the way he wants it.

That could be problematic going forward. It's not that we aren't a decent enough offense in some ways but we sometimes ignore our strengths for long stretches. 

This. He is running someone else's offense and he has the tendencies to get away from what he should be doing for what he wants to do. He got put into a corner fast 2 weeks ago but ran just enough yesterday to keep it close enough to still be running in the 4th. It's very meh when you take the highs and lows together IMO. I keep waiting for the light to come on with him but he keeps doing that exact same thing you said over and over. I think that's just who he is and it's why he will hit a wall if he can't change that aspect of his coaching.