• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Start Bryce from here on out….

TheBigKat

8 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

Season is done

need to see if there’s ANY improvement (doubtful)

having him at the helm is a guaranteed #1 overall pick, it’s the least he can do for us

That'd kill my gambling odds.

At least with Dalton back there bookies have to give you somewhat respectable odds. I'm not sure they'd even take your money if we started Young with this defence. 

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Definitely. Our focus should be on getting these guys reps with a competent QB. 

I was a little down on Sanders because he seemed overwhelmed by position. I didn't realize he's on 21. However after watching Thomas look like a turtle running a route on that interception I'd rather see Sanders in there more often just to keep Thomas off the field. 

XL is showing growth and that TD should be a "GOT MOSSED" highlight. This shows there in potential. Coker was a good find and will continue to grow. I am hoping Brooks comes off the IR and gets some snaps. 

All of this goes to waste if we put Young in there. We need to suck it up and admit it was a terrible pick and move on. Trade him and let him restart somewhere else. Young's happy feet will hinder the growth of the rest of the offense. 

Sanders I was down on too but I am losing sight of an important point, as well. He's a fourth round pick. 

He really shouldn't be expected to be much more than a backup player and his blocking appears to be much improved from his time at Texass.

Brooks I really care very little about for this year. Chuba is doing very well so Brooks is not needed. If he is healthy, fine. If not, there is no rush.

8 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

We have Offensive players that need development. I don't give 2 shits about Bryce or the first pick. The pick doesn't matter if we take a QB and once again don't know the quality of the receivers we expect him to throw to. 

Try to win every week. We're not going to win many, if any, but we owe it to the future of the team to allow as many players to progress as we can. 

This ^

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Sanders I was down on too but I am losing sight of an important point, as well. He's a fourth round pick. 

He really shouldn't be expected to be much more than a backup player and his blocking appears to be much improved from his time at Texass.

Brooks I really care very little about for this year. Chuba is doing very well so Brooks is not needed. If he is healthy, fine. If not, there is no rush.

Agreed. This is why I am still on the Morgan bandwagon. Though each pick may not have been the best player available I believe each player has a huge upside. 

As XL gets more reps he is going to get better and better.  That catch in the endzone was top level. 

Brooks was clearly picked for the future and not 2024.

Wallace has been thrust into full time duties and though he has made mistakes I think he was a great 3rd pick and will be a mainstay in the coming years. 

And as you pointed out Sanders was supposed to get spot duties and sit back and learn. He wasn't expected to be our #1 option at TE.  If it were up to me I. Thomas would never see the field again and just let Sanders learn by experience. 

Coker a UDFA, he may turn into AT replacement in the slot. He's got great hands and can get open. 

While 2024 season is so painful to watch I think slowly but surely we are heading in the right direction. 

2025 off season we address the defense. 

I'd like to see Bryce play some once we are eliminated from the playoffs. 

I am genuinely enjoying getting a look at what our offensive players are capable of. We have learned so much more about our receivers, our offensive line, and Chuba Hubbard the past few weeks with Bryce on the bench. We are also learning a lot about the lack of talent on Defense not being able to blame everything on an anemic offense that has the defense on the field too long.  I think it's better for our scouts and evaluators to let Andy play. Everybody knows Andy isn't the long term solution. Bryce has had a chance. Now he has to wait for it to be the best thing for the organization to get another shot. I'd bet we see just that once December rolls around.