• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How do we feel about Canales

Frank9999

Honestly, what are you guys thinking ? Bucs offense is still good and so is Baker. Makes you wonder if it had a thing to do with him. I just hope hes cut out for this and just doesnt end up as another Tepper blunder. 

Edited by Frank9999

I think the QB guru was always a bunch of hogwash. 

he was always sort of uniquely cherry picked to be the reason guys played better.  The first time he was clearly tasked to work on a QB….it went down the toilet.  Fast. 

I’m largely indifferent.  No real pros or cons to fixate on 

Take it with a grain, but reports before the season were the bucs didnt miss canales or his BFF at all. 

For me, no other team even had him on a list for HC. Panthers lost Callahan and panicked hired canales.

All that said, hes done well with plays and planning given the panthers lack in talent. He was forced or whatever, but benched BY, that was something. 

Its been doom and gloom for 6 years, his positive/happy energy is something. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think the QB guru was always a bunch of hogwash. 

he was always sort of uniquely cherry picked to be the reason guys played better.  The first time he was clearly tasked to work on a QB….it went down the toilet.  Fast. 

I’m largely indifferent.  No real pros or cons to fixate on 

I just honestly do not know what to think. But it is kind of concerning considering we have been literally killed in 3 of our first 4 games.

Panthers are seriously in purgatory 

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Take it with a grain, but reports before the season were the bucs didnt miss canales or his BFF at all. 

For me, no other team even had him on a list for HC. Panthers lost Callahan and panicked hired canales.

All that said, hes done well with plays and planning given the panthers lack in talent. He was forced or whatever, but benched BY, that was something. 

Its been doom and gloom for 6 years, his positive/happy energy is something. 

Yea honestly the offensive play calling has been ok. At times head scratching but it hasnt been terrible. 

i just worry he is still more of a offensive coordinator and not a HC. I guess we will see 

1 minute ago, Frank9999 said:

Yea honestly the offensive play calling has been ok. At times head scratching but it hasnt been terrible. 

i just worry he is still more of a offensive coordinator and not a HC. I guess we will see 

Thought the playcalling was bad last week.  It should have been the Hubbard show and he got away from it.  

I don’t know how to comment on the Bryce games 

Oakland was good but sort of a perfect storm scenario 

I think the next couple weeks will tell us about him.   

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, Frank9999 said:

Id say his biggest issue is abandoning the run too fast........*but thats diffcult when you are always down by points. 

Hubbard would help defense rest and allow evero to figure out the soultions. 

Just run the ball and run the ball and run the ball. 

(this was before the cobrett and motown injuries, still run it more!)

• Beer 2

Just now, CPantherKing said:

I feel Bryce and Evero stans are trying to blame Canales.

Canales has shown offensive improvement. It's always been Bryce and Evero who have held back the team. Canales shows promise, but he has to free himself from Bryce and Evero.

I don’t think there are Bryce stans

I commented before the season started, Evero was pretty much setup to shoulder the worst of this season.   I still think that was largely design.   Force the old guy on the new guy.   Deplete the D.  Then when the season is over you got a built in blame guy.  Not that I was ever wowed by Evero…but it’s pretty obvious why the D is horrible and that’s Morgan’s office and what they set out to do this year 

I think he's a bright young coach. Give him time to build this team and I feel we'll be solid for years to come. I only thing I really don't like is he's TOTALLY hands off on the defensive side of the ball. I feel the head coach should mold the entire team into what he wants them to become. The one tell I seen was when they asked him about had Trevin Wallace called the defensive plays in college he literally said he had no idea. I think the HC should be in the loop on ALL players we draft not just on one side of the ball.

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, BullCityP said:

I think he's a bright young coach. Give him time to build this team and I feel we'll be solid for years to come. I only thing I really don't like is he's TOTALLY hands off on the defensive side of the ball. I feel the head coach should mold the entire team into what he wants them to become. The one tell I seen was when they asked him about had Trevin Wallace called the defensive plays in college he literally said he had no idea. I think the HC should be in the loop on ALL players we draft not just on one side of the ball.

This is the thing that bothers me a little and makes me think he might not be ready to be a HC. But yea there are positives with him for sure, just have to let the season play out to see how the team keeps responding 

Edited by Frank9999

21 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

Honestly, what are you guys thinking ? Bucs offense is still good and so is Baker. Makes you wonder if it had a thing to do with him. I just hope hes cut out for this and just doesnt end up as another Tepper blunder. 

He wasn't even in the conversation for me to be our next HC.

Sadly our job is toxic at the moment so he's what we've got. Just got to hope he's brilliant.

13 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

I just honestly do not know what to think. But it is kind of concerning considering we have been literally killed in 3 of our first 4 games.

Panthers are seriously in purgatory 

Vince Lombardi wouldn't be able to win with this roster. 

2 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Vince Lombardi wouldn't be able to win with this roster. 

I think you can basically only judge him on if he is developing the young guys and creating opportunities for them.  

Being an overly a Dionte/AT pass attack with Dalton and losing…..is pointless in the big picture.