• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers vs Falcons Gameday Thread

12 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Have any of those players made an impact this year? I know benson and corum haven’t. Don’t know about the rest. Point is, coaching staff obviously saw something that made Brooks worth it so let’s see how it plays out. Morgan has done well so far 

I mean that's all subjective based on the teams and roster situations. We already have a solid rb plus another guy on a stupid contract. One of those guys could have been selected to provide help when needed and not be on injury reserve to start the year and it wouldnt have costed multiple high picks to do it. Thats the point. Picks could have been used in other areas.  Far as Brooks goes i like him, yes he can still be good...be a nice solid back for us...but for that pick to make sense he is gonna have to be substantially better than even chuba to make that worth it. Thats just had i look at it. 

31 minutes ago, strato said:

I don’t think Young can be traded without fuging the cap. They can do something next year. 

They can, cap isn't the issue. They haven't gotten any offers that aren't laughable. Nobody really wants him, that's the problem.

3 minutes ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

They can, cap isn't the issue. They haven't gotten any offers that aren't laughable. Nobody really wants him, that's the problem.

We went through this a few weeks ago. I think we have to eat everything  and it is something about the post June 1st designation that helps us but only after this year? We will be over the cap immediately if we move him is what I thought we came to.

He isn’t worth anything to my mind so I don’t care if we get nothing I’d really just like the possibility of him playing for us be zero. Turn the page close the book all that stuff. 

11 hours ago, strato said:

We went through this a few weeks ago. I think we have to eat everything  and it is something about the post June 1st designation that helps us but only after this year? We will be over the cap immediately if we move him is what I thought we came to.

He isn’t worth anything to my mind so I don’t care if we get nothing I’d really just like the possibility of him playing for us be zero. Turn the page close the book all that stuff. 

We would save 2M now, 4M next, and 6M in 2026 if someone would trade for him now. $6M a year is the prorated signing bonus he held out for lol. We have to eat that regardless of any trade. I'm not sure we can find a team that is willing to pay him $6M in 2026 

21 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

We would save 2M now, 4M next, and 6M in 2026 if someone would trade for him now. $6M a year is the prorated signing bonus he held out for lol. We have to eat that regardless of any trade. I'm not sure we can find a team that is willing to pay him $6M in 2026 

He held out? Lol. 
I am still confused with all this high finance and the cap rules.  It accelerates immediately to our cap except whatever future salary he is due, right? And we are in for 2 more years of the prorated bonus. This year’s signing bonus portion is already accounted for in the cap but then we have to take 6.15 more on this year and 6 .15 next year or would it be all 12, subject maybe to deferment with the June 1st.

If we trade him the salary and roster bonuses go with him, right?

He is not yet a vested vet so he has to clear waivers if we want to just dump him, wouldn’t he? Can’t unconditionally release him can we? Heh - that little fuger has us over a barrel coming and going. 

lol again, has a number one overall pick ever been waived in year two? 

Edited by strato