• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tremble fined $17,083 for unnecessary roughness/use of helmet last week on the play that injured himself

jayboogieman

2 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

There's a difference between your head dropping while you try to throw a shoulder in order to tackle, and lowering your head to use it like a weapon, which is what Tremble did.

The broncos game in 2016, that was bullshit and those dudes launched into Cam with the crowns of their helmets as weapons. This is calling a spade a spade. There is no injustice here. The alternate angle shows what happened more clearly and explains why the league acted the way it did.

The 2016 season opener was legal headhunting because the league was sending a message to Cam Newton.

Tremble made a mistake but it wasn't malicious.

Let's just be honest with one another here as two regular people. The league does not care about player safety. Tremble got fined because they want to knock a bottom feeder team further down a peg or two. That's it.

Let's just hope this team can avoid further significant embarrassment tomorrow at home.

• Pie 1

Surprise. Another mini manifesto from me. 

Nice! So the league relies on behavior not becoming an NFL coach or athlete… where they will issue at will fines (and possible suspension) determined  by staff and former (I’m sure completely impartial) players, in an arbitrary amount with a number that makes no damn sense. 

Which then goes to fund their various philanthropies… who will then disperse with the funds pretty much however they damn will please.

Good stuff. Kind of sounds similar money laundering, but I’m sure that never happens. I bet they would COMPLETELY welcome a year in which no fines were handed out so nothing got funded… or maybe I’m being unduly cynical. 

A longitudinal study on what teams get fined the most year to year and who the former player(s) on the committee were those years… could be… interesting.

So the current methodology is horribly flawed and visibly ripe for corruption. The money should go to 1, uno, specific community outreach organization that has absolutely nothing to do with the NFL. Keep NFL fingers off of it. After hours tutoring in math and science in poor inner city communities. Something everyone agrees on, or something of similar ilk. 

Either way it’s poor form to rely on money gained from an action you say you don’t want to fund your philanthropy, that is financially dependent on such behavior occurring. It’s similar to Chantix not being on the Medicaid formulary… but of course they want everyone to stop smoking. Tobacco taxes, what? 

Bias exists in every individual, so no method is completely impartial, however, if ‘correction’ of these bad behaviors is the true goal, just do away with money and go to straight suspensions. X gets you 1 quarter. Y gets you a half. Z gets you a game and so on. 

Edited by Gapanthersfan