• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tremble fined $17,083 for unnecessary roughness/use of helmet last week on the play that injured himself

That's bullshit about Tremble but not remotely surprising given how the league clearly perceives the Panthers. Thanks Mr and Mrs. Tepper.

As for the scuffle while I can appreciate the show of emotion why even bother at that point in the game? We had already been stomped and if there were a time to get chippy it wasn't late in the fourth it was when the game was still within reach.

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

That's bullshit about Tremble but not remotely surprising given how the league clearly perceives the Panthers. Thanks Mr and Mrs. Tepper.

As for the scuffle while I can appreciate the show of emotion why even bother at that point in the game? We had already been stomped and if there were a time to get chippy it wasn't late in the fourth it was when the game was still within reach.

That was tremble's fault. He ducked his head down to initiate contact, the league fines that. Neither player would have gotten concussed had tremble not done so. It sucks but it is deserved.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

That was tremble's fault. He ducked his head down to initiate contact, the league fines that. Neither player would have gotten concussed had tremble not done so. It sucks but it is deserved.

Yeah, someone at the bar was beside themselves over the lack of flag and I basically had to explain that to him. Tremble was the one that initiated the dangerous hit. It sucks but it just is what it is.

16 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

They both lowered their helmet. I'm not absolving Tremble. If there is going to be a fine then fine both.

Still I can agree Tommy needs to use better judgment. As much as we can critique him for that there also needs to be some questions for what this coaching staff is doing with the position group.

11 minutes ago, frankw said:

They both lowered their helmet. I'm not absolving Tremble. If there is going to be a fine then fine both.

Still I can agree Tommy needs to use better judgment. As much as we can critique him for that there also needs to be some questions for what this coaching staff is doing with the position group.

He did not lower his helmet, Alternate angle shows Brisker turning his body and leading with his shoulder, tremble ducked and used his head as a battering ram and paid the price both physically and financially.

5 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

He did not lower his helmet, Alternate angle shows Brisker turning his body and leading with his shoulder, tremble ducked and used his head as a battering ram and paid the price both physically and financially.

The other tweet shows the play from start to finish and the defender absolutely lowers his head regardless of the shoulder before the impact.

I appreciate your input and the fact the league office has an official huddle spokesman.

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

The other tweet shows the play from start to finish and the defender absolutely lowers his head regardless of the shoulder before the impact.

I appreciate your input and the fact the league office has an official huddle spokesman.

There's a difference between your head dropping while you try to throw a shoulder in order to tackle, and lowering your head to use it like a weapon, which is what Tremble did.

The broncos game in 2016, that was bullshit and those dudes launched into Cam with the crowns of their helmets as weapons. This is calling a spade a spade. There is no injustice here. The alternate angle shows what happened more clearly and explains why the league acted the way it did.