• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vs Falcons

Hoenheim

Weird that I don't see any preview threads.  Didn't there used to be a user here that always made his own analytical previews of the next opponent? 

Any of you have some insight on the Falcons and how you expect this game to go? 

I have no idea personally.  On paper though they should massacre us. Cousins has been getting his mojo back lately. 

I want to see Canales commit to the run. Don't want to see defenders throwing shoulders and not tackling. And I want to see some semblance of a pass rush.  

Worried about the o line. Is it going to revert back to 2023 levels of suckage or will it somehow be good enough to not get Andy harassed all day? 

Do you think Evero has a job with us next season,  if the defense continues to be a historcally bad panthers defense?  

We're wearing some nice jerseys imo.

FB_IMG_1728702335094.jpg

• Pie 1

I can see Canales wanting to truly pick his own DC, but I think the job is Everos if he wants it. I feel like the players seem to play hard under Evero and I’d like some form of consistency in the franchise. He missed on DJ Johnson but Wallace seems to already be progressing well. 

Evero will be pushing for a head coaching job in the NFL next season. Me, I don't think he's been very good as a DC, but a lot of people just feel he's the guy. And, I wish him luck with that. Might end up in Cleveland.

Now, onto this Sunday afternoon's game... We're going to go out there and do the best we can with our patchwork team while a lot of our best players will be at home, recovering from injuries and watching on TV. 

In short, they should just kill us on the field, the Falcons are on their way up, have found their guys and are suddenly pretty darn competitive again. This being the NFCSouth, though, it could be a dirty, low scoring game that they blow and we sneak out a win.

I'm not expecting much, but I wasn't against the Raiders, either.

i have no idea what to expect. one thing i don't expect is that we will look very good. run game might look alright, but i don't expect we'll be in a situation where we can rely on it. they're going to be killing us in the air early and we'll be spending the day trying to play catch up.

I think the level of give a fug has just about bottomed out. I politely declined free tickets to this game. I don't know if the family friend PSL owner ever found someone to take them. I mean, that's how bad it is. Barely over an hour away from BOA and you're literally struggling to give away tickets for free because people don't want to waste a Sunday on it.

• Beer 4

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think the level of give a fug has just about bottomed out. I politely declined free tickets to this game. I don't know if the family friend PSL owner ever found someone to take them. I mean, that's how bad it is. Barely over an hour away from BOA and you're literally struggling to give away tickets for free because people don't want to waste a Sunday on it.

I don't blame them. People are fed up with this franchise. Hell I'm missing games on tv because we suck so bad. No way am I driving 3 hours to Charlotte to witness this poor product in person.

This is a Tepper problem. We had a few bad years under Mr. Richardson, but we never stayed at the bottom of the league. We were at the bottom with Clausen. What does Richardson do the following season draft Cam. Then he drafted Luke. Changed our franchise and we had our 2nd SB run. 

Panthers football is simply not fun anymore.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Falcons games are always personal, I hope they make it that way. Maybe we get some of their key players ejected (not injured, please don’t misinterpret). Look, we’ve literally got nothing to lose. If there were ever a time to see the dawg we’ve kept hearing about, this is it. Everyone on defense needs to channel their inner Thomas Davis. 

If we come out like a caged animal, we stand a chance to keep it within 2 scores. We need Johnson to take this game over and Chuba to run for 180 (stop laughing. It legit could occur). 

Pass rush (theirs or ours) will be the deciding factor on this game. 

Divisional rivals so the games are usually tougher and more unpredictable. They should cook us. Thomas is back so the loss feels like a lock. 

It's going to be an empty house. No one wants those tickets. Combine that with a blowout and the heat should be turned up even with Dalton playing at an NFL level. Evero has to get some pressure with someone. He can't go an entire game with 1 or 2 hurries or less. DC has to call a better game. He allowed the DC to dictate his play calling and that was pathetic. 

I'm watching because it's free on TV and I can do something else fun so it's not a complete waste of time. I just hope someone steps up somewhere on this team. Wallace and BC at OC would be a mercy. 

Edited by Waldo

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I don't blame them. People are fed up with this franchise. Hell I'm missing games on tv because we suck so bad. No way am I driving 3 hours to Charlotte to witness this poor product in person.

This is a Tepper problem. We had a few bad years under Mr. Richardson, but we never stayed at the bottom of the league. We were at the bottom with Clausen. What does Richardson do the following season draft Cam. Then he drafted Luke. Changed our franchise and we had our 2nd SB run. 

Panthers football is simply not fun anymore.

I would add that I don't want to ultimately reward Tepper's BS by going to these games, buying food/drinks/merch/etc.

Let those stands be empty, let them be filled with opposing fans. Let him have to visibly see that the fanbase does not support what he has done to our franchise.

fug it, let him get jawed at by Falcons fans and resort to another chuck a drink and run move.

• Pie 1