• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Picture is Worth 1000 Words (Pt II)

Hoenheim

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• Can't use week 1 or 2 to clearly grade Icky. Protecting Young is about impossible due to his playing style. That's why Icky wasn't credited for sacks last year on guys he was blocking. When a QB holds the ball that long and runs out of protection as often as Young does it's not on the blocker at that point. If you can see a 7 step drop then it's on the QB at that point for terrible technique. When you see a 7 step drop in spread then you have a guy who is trying to get himself killed.  Go look at the last 3 games and do a real evaluation with Dalton under center. He still has stuff to work on and he may never be more than just good but just good is enough to not worry about on this roster. 
    • Statistically speaking, the Falcons run defense is worse than ours this year.  So I hope we go run heavy.
    • Evero will be pushing for a head coaching job in the NFL next season. Me, I don't think he's been very good as a DC, but a lot of people just feel he's the guy. And, I wish him luck with that. Might end up in Cleveland. Now, onto this Sunday afternoon's game... We're going to go out there and do the best we can with our patchwork team while a lot of our best players will be at home, recovering from injuries and watching on TV.  In short, they should just kill us on the field, the Falcons are on their way up, have found their guys and are suddenly pretty darn competitive again. This being the NFCSouth, though, it could be a dirty, low scoring game that they blow and we sneak out a win. I'm not expecting much, but I wasn't against the Raiders, either.