• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

0:26 / 21:08 Carolina Panthers and Dave Canales must evaluate Ejiro Evero as defensive coordinator

jayboogieman

1 hour ago, Deltek44 said:

And the hits keep coming, Luvu who had 2.5 sacks and int last week went on the The 33rd Team and said he wished he had played under Quinn for his entire 7 year career.

Things have to change here.

Yep.  When you have dead cap $$ and have overpaid others, good people walk. 

2 hours ago, frankw said:

Evero should be facing some level of criticism as he has had significant input in some of the roster management on that side of the ball.

At the same time. If we are now going to formally begin "evaluating" Evero we also must follow with doing so for Morgan. It is our first time GM who set the wheels in motion for this defense to be historically bad and undermanned in order to build around our first overall pick.

IMO you can't ask for one without the other and if you do then you cannot be taken seriously because the front office absolutely needs to be asked some tough questions too.

yes I do recall him in on this

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Just because he was under Fitterer on the org chart doesn't mean he signed off on every decision. In a previous job, my boss was HORRIBLE. Great guy, terrible leader. I couldn't walk around disagreeing with him all the time and sowing division or I would have been pushed out. However, when he was gone, I moved into that role, changed things and did things my way- same thing here.

I refuse to give up on Morgan midway through season 1, especially when he has to rebuild the mess Fitterer created. I think because Morgan has ties here, he understands the organization, fan base, and how the culture used to be. Fitterer was just happy to get a GM role and cared more about being trendy. Years of destruction and setbacks happened under Fitterer, the Bryce trade alone set us back 2-3 years, not to mention the bad contracts. 

Morgan has had more hits than misses this year:

Legette- Already more promising than Mingo.

Wallace- Hit (So far)

Hunt- Hit

Lewis- Hit

D.Johnson-Hit (and got rid of Jackson in the process)

Mike Jackson- (Traded a 7th rounder that didn't even make the Seahawk's roster for him)

Clowney- Meh

If you look at the guys underperforming, most are Fitterer guys, or guys that used to play for Evero elsewhere.

I can't agree with that rosy a take but Morgan, unfortunately for him, carries the baggage of having been here through the worst era in franchise history under Fitterer. He deserves some rope but much like when Rhule was the GM while Fitterer was here, it's hard to erase that stink unless you are successful.

So far his pro personnel moves seem to be decent. The draft....oooof....Fitterer-esque.

We will see what happens but Morgan is on a short leash because he was here when we made some unbelievably bad roster/draft moves.

Clowney, Robinson, Jackson, Woods, Tuttle, Scott, Hill, and Harris all won with their previous DCs. Led teams to the playoffs.

Then there's Horn who had better success with Snow, Holcomb and Wilks.

Ray & Wallace have only been at the command of Evero. Evero is the only key defensive piece that hasn't had success in their current role for multiple teams.

I think it's safe to say all the other DCs of the current Panthers starting defenders would be able to win (and have won) with them. They'd definitely keep them from giving up 30+ points consistently. 32 losses in 3 seasons with 11 of them being 30+ points. He's the Bryce Young of DCs. He needs to go back to coaching safeties and prevent defenses.