• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Give Morgan Credit

kungfoodude

At what cost though? I would have been much more impressed with cheaper OGs that played well and chunks of that money spread around elsewhere. 

DM gets credit for the Jackson and Johnson trades but both those guys are on 1 year rentals so the complete story isn't finished yet. Both good moves in cost and returns. The rest is very debatable.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

At what cost though? I would have been much more impressed with cheaper OGs that played well and chunks of that money spread around elsewhere. 

DM gets credit for the Jackson and Johnson trades but both those guys are on 1 year rentals so the complete story isn't finished yet. Both good moves in cost and returns. The rest is very debatable.

Well, you have to draft well to get cheap, reliable IOL. Luckily there was no recent instances where we passed on that kind of player.

Screenshot_20241007_145728.thumb.jpg.c2207e9fbef06af9b128a211593bcca7.jpg

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Well, you have to draft well to get cheap, reliable IOL. Luckily there was no recent instances where we passed on that kind of player.

Screenshot_20241007_145728.thumb.jpg.c2207e9fbef06af9b128a211593bcca7.jpg

Not cheap, cheaper than the top 2 most expensive guys. Dead on about the draft but then we would need a good draft and those haven't been happening. Just buying the most expensive free agents isn't a recipe for sucsess or teams would be winning their seasons in March...where those teams usually do their only winning when they spend like that. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Not cheap, cheaper than the top 2 most expensive guys. Dead on about the draft but then we would need a good draft and those haven't been happening. Just buying the most expensive free agents isn't a recipe for sucsess or teams would be winning their seasons in March...where those teams usually do their only winning when they spend like that. 

No, I am glad we did it in this case but it shouldn't have come to this. The league is littered with starting caliber OG's taken in the 3rd or lower rounds. It's inexcusable that we haven't been finding them.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Well he did sign two of our best players on that line. It's hard to not give him any credit for that. They didn't magically materialize on the roster.

True. I just think big money guards were an attempt to make the offense viable for Bryce Young and the reason they ended up here is because other teams are smarter than to sink that $ into IOL, but I get your point.

• Pie 2