• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You're the GM

DaveThePanther2008

It depends. If the Red Rifle performs well for most of the season, then in the draft I'd take a #1 WR in the first, and a center in the 3rd. Later rounds are more for depth at weak positions and I'm not ready to do mock drafts yet.

The reason for taking a WR #1 is to give us a functioning offense when we're facing a good defense with tight pass coverage. You defeat tight pass coverage by having a WR who can win 50/50 balls, and get decent separation from top DBs. That way teams like the Bears can't blanket our WRs and shut down our offense. Priority 1 is to ensure that the offense can function against any team. That keeps every game watchable and even entertaining.

The defense is the worst in Panthers history. I'm aware. Later round picks can be used to add depth to the defense, and any cap room can be used to bring in an OLB and ILB. The safeties will have to suck for the time being, and the other non-Horn CBs as well. We have issues all over the defense. Everywhere. However, the refs favor offense, and we need to get the ball in the air to rack up pass interference calls and score exciting TDs. The core of the defense will need to be built around Brown and Horn, but that will have to wait until 2026. Fitt ruined this team so badly that we're looking at 2027 before we might be good again if the Red Rifle can hold up.

If Dalton performs poorly overall this season, then we need to take yet another QB in the draft. We'll probably have a top 2 pick, so we could move up one spot if we see a QB Canales wants. It's really all up to Canales at to which QB we need, and where to take him. If Canales doesn't like the top QBs, then I'd look at OLB with out 1st pick. We desperately need to create a pass rush, and that starts with an elite OLB. 3rd round I'm looking for a center to solidify the o-line to protect Young, or a new FA QB, or whatever the hell Canales wants. 

Andy decides what I'd do, and his season isn't over yet. He can still win the starting spot for 2025, but it's not looking great at the moment. Plenty more games though. 

Edited by pantherj

If I am the Carolina Panthers GM, the first thing I am doing is making some requests of David Tepper.

I want to overhaul the Scouting Department. Too many terrible drafts in the past 3 years.  Spare no expense, bring in a combination of experienced scouts and new scouts who can special in using newer technologies to aid in the determination of player success in the NFL.

I am requesting an overhaul to the team's medical staff and injury prevention team. This team has lost a primary starter every week of the season, including many of the best players on this team.  I am not saying these things are completely preventable, but injury luck this bad can't be completely coincidence.

I am requesting that Tepper seriously consider switching to a natural grass turf for game days.

I am attempting to re-sign WR Diontae Johnson, RB Chuba Hubbard,  C Austin Corbett, OL Brady Christensen, CB Michael Jackson, CB Troy Hill, and WR Jalen Coker prior to the trade deadline (November 5th)

The following players on the final year of their contracts are going to be traded to the highest bidder prior to the trade deadline if a buyer can be found. S Xavier Woods, P Johnny Hekker, K Eddy Pineiro, TE Tommy Tremble, S Jordan Fuller, S Sam Franklin, TE Ian Thomas, and any other player on the final year of their contract who we do not have interest in re-signing prior to the trade deadline.

• Pie 1

1.  Build from the lines out…period, no more rbs, when your 10 year center is sitting right there for the taking 

to this day, I don’t  understand that move ..even for next year.

everything needs to go to that….the lines 

2. Draft speed

3. Trade anyone worth anything and right now that’s Adam and Johnson and Young 

4. Find a younger journeyman qb to back up Dalton.and extend Dalton 

5  go back to a 4 3 defense  get rid of that poo Evero runs 

this team needs to figure out what it is and stop throwing poo in the wall

that identity starts in the lines 

• Pie 1

On 10/9/2024 at 9:26 AM, PanthersNCSU said:

Dan gets 3 years IMO to prove it. Same with Canales, so they're safe. For the team...

1. Get the 1st pick 

2. Trade down from the 1st pick, collect a haul (preferably Bears style with picks and a proven player)

3. Act like Gettleman and draft Hog Mollies and defense

4. Re-sign Dalton or a similar bridge QB, draft a QB in the middle rounds to develop 

5. Win 5-7 games next year, take your swing at another high draft pick QB in 2026 if needed

THIS!!!

On 10/9/2024 at 8:45 AM, CanadianCat said:

I agree with a lot of the OP's points. 

I have a few comments/ 

Offense

I know this is an unpopular take but the BEST situation for us, is that Bryce comes off the bench and becomes the player he was drafted to be. IF his time on the bench fixes him, we are a year a head of where we are going. His small sample size on Sunday showed him throwing down field.. maybe there is hope.. 

He threw down the field after the game was won and the opposing team was in  very soft  coverage ..not even sure starters were in

I appreciate the comment, but, he is not ever going to be the answer here

as far as playing him, who cares at the point of  6 games left only the opposing fans will be in the stands …and so, no boos

belIeve me, I wish I was wrong 

This would take me days to answer, One of the first things I would do is call Bill Billacheat and see if he wants the keys again..... Yes age and hes drafted poorly, but hes still the goat and you can never discount HOF level HCs. I mean he could go "I just want to be a DC or advisor etc." Just having him on the team would be great for game-planning. 

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

This would take me days to answer, One of the first things I would do is call Bill Billacheat and see if he wants the keys again..... Yes age and hes drafted poorly, but hes still the goat and you can never discount HOF level HCs. I mean he could go "I just want to be a DC or advisor etc." Just having him on the team would be great for game-planning. 

Belichick kind of proved that as great as he was, he is a low caliber talent evaluator and cannot easily win without a generational QB.

The poor talent evaluator is the biggest reason I would not be interested in BB.