• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You're the GM

DaveThePanther2008

I would take all draft picks off the table from being traded.  And I would also avoid blowing up what little talent we have to pick up 3rd day picks.  I would draft BPA and just try to build a sound football roster.  Our roster is historically bad right now, and it makes absolutely no sense to take any kind of leveraged shots at QB or anything else.  We need to draft well for 2-3 years before we can even think about competing in this league.

Edited by PNW_PantherMan
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

have the panthers ever traded out of the top 5?

Lol. I mean in theory we did with Bryce. We traded out of the #1 overall pick.

Truthfully, I am just saying we don't win in those trade down scenarios in general. Especially in the Tepper era. But I guess we rarely win in the trade up scenarios either. Which, I guess we also don't win often when we don't move at all.

You know, I guess we just suck at all of this. I changed my mind. fug it. Trade up, trade down, stay....it's probably not gonna matter.

...I'm the Gm...i'm gonna actually get involved with talent evaluation....like, you know, its my ***** job.... I'm going to say no to the fam and do the job i've been contracted to do. I'm going to watch film...i'm going to evaluate talent like i've been in the ***** NFL for 20 plus years. I'm going to get the best players on my knowledge of the game....if they suck...my knowledge sucks....Morgan is not putting in the time or... he doesn't know sht.

3 hours ago, Deltek44 said:

I follow the Wash model as well. I would tell Tepper he has to stay out of it if he wants it to turnaround. I would put a presentation together showing what Wash has done. I hire the coach and don't care what the media or fans think at the time. I make sure that coach is or has a plan to develop a rookie QB. I surround myself by quality people so we can at least become a classy organization. Then I go out and start trading anything of value for draft picks.

Easier said then done at this point.

Have you seen how much GM and coaching experience Washington has? No way the Teppers would go for that.

8 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

I’d try and fleece the Browns for as much draft capital we can for us to take Watson off their books. We might aswell sell cap space for draft capital. Quality free agents won’t want to come here at our current state 

Interestingly, that is quite literally something neither of us could afford.

They would be toting ~$100 mil in dead cap and we would be eating two seasons of $46 mil base salary.

Sadly, although we are quite terrible we don't have a sound enough cap situation yet to where we can assist with salary dumping.

We only have ~$42 mil in cap space for 2025 with a considerable amount of signings needing to be made to get to 53 active.

15 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

WHAT'S YOUR PLAN

Coaches Keep Dave, for at least two more seasons. By year three we should have enough data to say whether or not he is worth keeping. I have mixed emotions on him thus far. He's better than Rhule or Reich though. I think Evero is fine, wouldn't be surprised if we mutually part ways this offseason though. 

The O-line I'd draft a center this year if nothing else to develop. Otherwise keep as is. 

QB Keep Dalton, see if anyone is crazy enough to give up something for Bryce, if not keep him. Would not draft a QB this year in round 1. 2026 looks like a much better QB year. 

Tight End Keep Sanders and Tremble. Draft a TE next year 

WR I would extend DJ. I would not be opposed to using another high pick on WR, even in round 1. 

RB. Hubbard will likely be too expensive to keep but if he is reasonable try to resign him. Cut or trade Sanders. 

Defensively huge mess agree. DB and Horn are the only must keeps.

Defensive Line   Edge and NT are top priorities. We have ignored a true NT for too long. But we need to walk away from this offseason with a high pick at edge and another veteran as well. Keep Clowney. Would be happy if 3/4 top four picks are d ilne 

LB Jewell looks like he sucks, hopefully Wallace blossoms this year and can turn into a starter. Would definitely draft a guy this year as well

CB extend Horn asap, he's only going to get more expensive. Could use another high pick at CB but defensive line is more pressing. 

Safety  Keep Woods, don't love are our players here but we have too many other needs and safety is devalued now 

2024 Trade Deadline.  Trade AT if possible otherwise anyone is available for the right price. Do NOT trade future resources for players right now. We are not close to competing. 

2025 offseason Sign an edge, likely sign a LB. If a decent TE is available I'd look there. 

2025 Draft  trade down trade down and trade down. Edge x 2, NT, LB, CB, TE, C and WR are all very legitimate arguments for draft needs. Lots and lots of holes. 

OUTLOOK we will not be competitive again next year. That's the curse of trading up for Bryce. The idea is to start putting together a team that is competent and has young depth while replenishing our draft stock. 2026 is the year when we can go get a rookie QB and try to change the trajectory of our franchise. 

• Beer 1

41 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

I’d try and fleece the Browns for as much draft capital we can for us to take Watson off their books. We might aswell sell cap space for draft capital. Quality free agents won’t want to come here at our current state 

this is a good idea but I think the owners in Cleveland are delusional and still think Watson is going to work out for them 

1 hour ago, Aussie Tank said:

we literally just signed the 2 best guards in free agency as well as the best edge rusher.   Players do not care about the state of a franchise